Friday, October 27, 2006

A new Day

So,

this is a breakthrough, i am not posting any pictures with this blog!! wow. let's see how i do.

Lately life has been busy for me, a lot of new 'programs' starting, or appointments to make and go to. I began a low impact exercise class at my church on tuesdays; babysitting provided for just a dollar and good friends to talk to. I really enjoyed it, and need it. My body isn't getting the same exercise that i had with Julia in my belly, and i could use the natural endorphins. (it has turned into a grumpy week)

Dentist appointment numero uno took place this week as well. 2 cavities filled....2 more to go. bla. I don't mind the "pain" side of things....it is that TERRIBLE DRILL. The vibrations it sends through my skull are NOT pleasant. ug. it gives me shivers just thinking about it. And the smell...uk, like burned toast, i should ask for ear plugs next time so i can't hear the buzzing of it as well.

Thursday was my ultrasound!! All went well. I was there for one hour and they counted two ears, feet, legs, arms, kidneys, etcetc. All the heart chambers, etc etc. I never worry about these things, but it was thrilling to know that they are there...growing, moving, and preparing for March and their entry into an atmosphere of air instead of liquid. I enjoy visits like these. I like to talk with the technicians, and the lady i had was so willing to chat. She told me about her kids, her worries about them as adults now, and how they renovated their little old farm house to fit them. People are so interesting, and it is very nice to live in a community where you can find someone new to talk to each day if desired. (and only a small percentage of them will think you are strange) :)

Julia has had a very thrilling week becasue Tuesday through Thursday were all play dates for her, since mommy had appointments and such. I have noticed myself falling into parenting patterns this week that i don't like. Recently my focus has been too "stop it from happening because it is easier for me" instead of "let natural consequences teach her, because this isn't a serious discipline issue". So, my grumpiness is with myself mostly....and trying to figure out how to retrain my brain.

Last night a very happy thing happened! our neighbors stopped in!!!!!! THis made my grumpiness subside simply because it was a first time event! I have been at the neighbors door or yard countless times, but they have not yet ventured over. Last night three of them did ,and we nearly succeeded in getting them to sit down with us for tea. ( They were delivering a treat bag for sweet julia, who they love and laugh at constantly)

This week we are learning about compassion, caring for those in need, and where in Proverbs we can find instruction regarding this. Perfect timing since it is operation christmas child week at church, and we have been teaching Julia all about it. SInce Sunday Julia has prayed for the "Boys and Girls all around the world" because they may not have a lot of food, clothing, shelter, etc. Her concern for these things is great. And the excitement she shows for our shopping trip to fill the shoebox is equal to the excitement she displayed upon receiving a gift herself. of this, i am so thrilled. learning the art of compassion at the age of 2 will be a great start to a life of loving others.
Some of her own ideas for filling the shoebox:
- colors and paper
-matching bowl, spoon and cup (since Julia herself is OBSESSED with her dinnerware matching colors right now....very funny to hear and watch)
- a sweater
- a teddy
- apples and oranges (had to explain the 'food goes bad' part)

Well, perhaps i should go.

It is coffee time, breakfast time, play time, (make christmas ornament time?? maybe) and such.

loves.
from sue. i love my family.

6 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Sue, it sounds like things are going so well for you. I understand the grummpiness with self part. I have not been the parent that I want to be these days. I would love to know what Proverb you studied this week, so I can read, and see how I can learn this also.
I can relate to the never have had the neighbours come visit, because we have had nobody visit us here. I guss I can't say that, my gran and uncle have been, and Sophie is over quite often.
Anyway, I have a few things to tuck in the mail for Julia, and should be off. Hugs from our house to yours. Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Sue said...

oooooooh mail??? we love getting mail! :)

I find that people, though much easier to talk to here, still find personal-home-space difficult to breech. They don't mind visits, gifts, etc, but when it comes to taking initiative to visit our home...then it is an oddity. too bad. hope it changes!

Proverbs: regarding relationships/parenting/etc , totally go to www.marshillchuch.com and check out the sermons on Proverbs that M.Driscoll has done. they are LONG but soooooooo eye opening. you would LOVE THEM. totally clear messages with practical theology to live by.

other then that. read the whole book in small sections. the verses we studied in biblestudy were:
CH.5, 7, 13 (vs 1, 22, 24), 17 (vs. 1, 6, 17, 21, 25), 19 (vs. 7, 13-14, 18, 26-27), and there are SO MANY MORE. :)

loves. take care. :)

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

hello,
It sounds like you are very busy but enjoying it. I love how you said that having your neighbors stop in made your grumpiness go away. i am so the same way. It is nice to have unexpected guests over. i also am enjoying that you are listening to christmas music already. I want to pull out my tapes and cd's as well. I have one tape of children singing all original christian christmas songs. i have had the tape since i was a wee child and i love it, what's great is that Rawley loves it too! :)
take care!
tammy

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Sue said...

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww, that is sooooo sweet. it is so wonderful to share the same memeory with our kids eh? :)

talk again soon. sue.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Sarafina said...

Hi Sue! I totally get the grumpiness thing...don't worry, it will pass.
And the dentist...ugh. totally. at least you caught everything before it got to the root canal stage!
I like your picture-less post, it's just good to hear what you guys are up to.
Haha. I thought it was funny last night when I read this in Proverbs....maybe it's why your neighbors are reluctant to come over! "Seldom set foot in your neighbor’s house,
Lest he become weary of you and hate you." Prov. 25:17
Hilarious. Actually, your warmth and hospitality and love for strangers is one of the things that I LOVE about you. Keep on truckin. I think people mostly just have to get over the shock of you being friendly and opening up your life to them without any hidden agenda. love from us to you! Have a good Monday (0:

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Sue said...

thx s!! :)

loves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home