Thursday, October 18, 2007

recipe

my wise sister has suggested that i start a new weekly addition to this blog.  a RECIPE of the week!!

so here goes:

Slow Cooker Orange Chicken

prep. 10 minutes
total: 8 hours, 10 minutes

8 small boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 tablespoons flour
1/3 cup orange Marmalae
1/3 cup barBQ sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh grated gingerroot (or dry ginger powder)

Toss chicken with flour in slow cooker

stir in all remaining ingredients. cover with lid.

cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 3-4)
makes 4 servings.

i usually toss in as much chicken as needed for the number of people i am feeding. and adjust the recipe. :)  i always use more soy sauce than it asks for. mmmmm. so good.

excellent bases: spagetti or linguini noodles, or couscous (rice would be good too!).  (the sauce from the chicken covers these nicely- for those who require tastiness with plain starchy bases!!!)

great side dishes: asparagus (OUR FAMILY FAV!!!), or green beans, and squash!!

ENJOY!compliments of kraft kitchens!!

6 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

Good addition, great looking recipe! I will try it this week, we have a bunch of chicken thighs to use up.
take care

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Ems said...

Sue
I hope you don't mind me posting on here, I'm a friend of Amy Otis' and love perusing other peoples blogs; I have to say that you have the cutest family!!
I'm definitely going to be stealing your recipe! It sounds delicious!
Regards
Emma

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Gotta love Kraft Canada!
I am going no try this recipe but with Chicken breast, as thats the only chicken we use!

Hope all is well your way. We have been very busy around here. I can't wait until Isaiah is sleeping better and we can do things as a family again, instead of me sleeping when he is. I sure don't get much done around the house.
Hope all is going well with your new house. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of all the wonderful work you guys have put into it!
Hugs from our house to yours

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

well done my well-trained obedient little sis! haha, just kidding, I am SO glad you are going to start sharing all of your yummy and creative finds with the rest of us, especially the culinarily challenged (0:

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Christa said...

I'm glad you listen to your big sister! :) That sounds like very yummy chicken and I love anything I can do in my crockpot in the morning and have dinner ready that I haven't had to worry about at 4:00 when everyone is tired and whiny - me included! :)

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hahaha
totally. that is why this one makes the GOOD FOR MOMMY list. it only takes 10 minutes to make!! (plus if you serve it with couscous, that only takes 2 minutes sitting in boiled water!! bonus!!)

great for a day when you just DON'T want to be in the kitchen for an hour!
su

 

Post a Comment

<< Home