Thursday, July 03, 2008

more of the day

The rest of Canada day was more than an adventure, i'd have to say. We arrived home from our first party just after 2 pm, and quickly made dinner for Dave's family, who joined us at 3pm. (Dave bbq'd these amazing chicken thighs that he wrapped in bacon, mmmmm. )

we had a couple surprizes, but i'm not at liberty to speak of them quite yet... give it a couple days and then i'll be free to. :)

karli and I walked to the hospital for my Rhogam shot that i receive at 28 weeks with every pregnancy. Due to my blood type this shot keeps my body from developing antibodies that would reject future babies.

We all sat around and chatted until firework's time!! Then everyone was packed up, strollered up, and stoked for an evening of excitement down by the river!!

We meandered along the parkway, watching for people we knew. Saying hi and sharing happy greetings of the day. Then a funny thing happened.... as we approached a group of people sitting on the grass, a woman got up and addressed me.... IT WAS DEB! :) one of my blog-friends!! crazy!! We couldn't chat long, since Julia and i needed the facilities, but it was so neat to meet someone that i've only ever spoken to on my blog!! :)

Julia found her best friend, and we sat with her family for the fireworks . Once the flames and bursts were done - we headed for home. a long day of fun, lots of walking, lots of talking and friends and food and fellowship. Do you find it hard to come 'down' from times like that?? I find it hard to be motivated to home alone cleaning after a day of enjoying people!! :)

anyway. i'm happy to be canadian. it's a good thing to be.

4 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

You guys are so patriotic! Love the shaved head, and they family photo from days gone by!
My Dave's brown wedding shorts saw their last days in fall.. i can't believe that mr. naus's live on! If we could only find those same shorts again!
I too have a hard time winding down and being alone after being with good friends too... especially when I am heading home to sit at the computer and write papers... i'll trade you for cleaning!?
take care

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hahahaha

trade for cleaning?? haha.i suppose when we live close enough that may work... but i don't think you'd want my mush-brain writing your papers!! haha.
yes, we LOVE those brown shorts from the wedding!!! they are AWESOME!
su

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger The dB family said...

I always suffer the blues the day after a really fun day like Canada Day. I'm still not sure why Canada day is one of my fav. holidays. Perhaps it's because I don't have to bundle up.:-)

Your little ones are so cute! Mine always loved (and still do) the water too.

It was so cool to meet you in real!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

I know the surprise now... What' your angle on it???? It's all very cool!
take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home