Friday, July 17, 2009

the great (mommy) escape

what can i say? i have a wonderful husband that told me to go away for a retreat...an awesome Creator who made the mountains and rivers and valleys...and a very lovely sister who shared some solitude and strain with me. (my body rebelled at the thought of climbing as we started the first of three hikes... surprisingly however, neither of us were very sore from the exercise. ) In almost 6 whole days we saw a lot of wildlife, the only one not pictured is the bear that crossed the road on our way to hike #2.
























4 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Sarafina said...

Ahhh, good memories...thanks for all the great sister time Susan. We have to do it again soon!!!
xxoo

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Looks wonderful - I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! And Happy Anniversary!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger The dB family said...

Wow! Very very beautiful! I've never been west, so I always love to see photos.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had some time away with your sister. I just got back from a week on Vancouver Island with my sister, but I also took my grown kids too. It was good.

Hope you feel refreshed.

Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home