Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend


Some doctors know what they are talking about, and others just don't . Thankfully, these afore mentioned Dr.'s DO KNOW what they are talking about and WOW is it ever great. I love reading books so full of common sense that you just can't get enough. As you scan each page you think, "yes, yes, that is right. i am so glad a professional is affirming my thoughts." or "hmm. that is something i could never have come up with, yet it is sooooo seemingly simple....wow".

anyhow. i love reading. and today's book is "Boundaries with kids" . Phenominal. Perfect timing too. julia needs boundaries, and JUST this weekend we have clearly seen her "tell" us of this need! haha. Now for the FUN. ;) And it is. We are now learning the mind stretching experience of parenting with purpose (okay, that's been going on for a while now....) but now the purpose has a whole new dimension. Now we are shaping her character, teaching her consequences, and how to be self-controlled etc. Godly character is Taught. This is where it starts.

yep. talk again soon i'm sure. man, Julia is so cute! :)

6 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

Sue, wasn't Dr. Cloud in Toronto this weekend? I am sure that is what I read.
Great reading!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Sue said...

really? huh? where? i didn't know that.....

nice blanket by the way, it looks AWESOME!!!

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi EVERYONE HOWS IT GOIN?

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, as soon as it's business hours again, i'm running to the bookstore to get that book. I read "Boundaries," and LOVED it, but I didn't know that there was a book based on applying that to parenting. Awesome. Thanks fellow mom!

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Sue said...

no prob fellow mama! ;)

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Shari said...

That's EXACTLY what I feel when I read their books. When I was in my early 20's I read Changes That Heal, and it helped me change so many things that needed to be changed. I can't wait to read Boundaries with Kids once we have children.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home