Friday, June 15, 2007

pie day

The ugly part of baking.......The beautiful part of baking.....
The strawberries picked by Julia and Dave. (Julia picked three quarts all by herself...and very quickly too...and then proceeded to sit and eat the rest of the visit to the patch. haha)
The pie helper? no julia was my helper, she lined the berries up in perfect straight lines inside the pie shells...wow. But this guy is cute. and he helped by sleeping so we could bake! :) haha
This is a dark picture of Julia in her bed at nap time...i had to take it though...because she is sleeping with her horse next to the bed....and her sheet is drapped over it! haha
Tooth update: i am off pain killers.

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

Wow susan.. i came to your blog and there were like 5 posts i hadn't read! I didn't know you were having a root canal. OUCH! But, it sounds like your did survive! Good for you. And a pie day! Yummy! Do raspberries grow out that way?

Sam is looking for healthy and cute. And Julia keeps getting taller and longer (especially in the hair area!)

Glad to read that you were well taken care of. I miss seeing you and totaly wish I could have strolled over for a play date this week (or other weeks when you were lying in bed in pain). I'll have to get you a call one afternoon and listen to your stories.

Take it easy.
Love Jane

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

beautiful pies, wow, yes you are Susie Homemaker!
And Susie Homemaker Jr.!
The lucky duck looks cute in his shirt (0:
Glad you're off of the drugs!! Can we come over and eat pie with you? I wish.
xxoo

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

mmmmm those pies look sooo yummy! I need you to teach me how to make those! Now I want fresh strawberries!!! LOL

I hope all is well your way. Looks like you are busy as always!
Hugs from our house to yours!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home