Saturday, June 02, 2007

93 and still so cute!

IT was Great Opa's birthday party this week at a local Bar and Grill. We had a lovely time celebrating this dear man and enjoying the company of family! And a BIG family it is!! haha. many aunties and uncles and cousins. I love to see how this family comes together and cares for each other. IT is a blessing to watch daughters and sons (in laws included) caring for their daddy. I love how much honor is shown to this man! What a great picture to our kids of the true meaning of respect and honor. and man, isn't he just the sweetest dearest Opa ?? :) wow. 93.


my son and his crazy Mcgee and Me Hair flip!! haha (did anyone ever see those OOOH so corny christian movies called Mcgee and Me ???) hahaha. oh man, christian media has always been a bit lacking in the acting-producing-movie-tv area!! haha That's okay....now there is VEGGIETALES and that makes up for all the previous failures!! haha.
My Sista bought this ADORABLE shirt for Sam. i lvoe love love it! (below)
We played this fun game in the car yesterday. Nothing good was playing on the radio (surprize surprize) so i turned on the classical station and we made up a story about what was happening in the music!! As the mood and tone of the music changed: We rode horses over fields of waving grass.....watched waves crashing on the shore...rode into a dark quiet forest and came upon a deer and it's baby! so fun. haha.My darling princess of a girl....playing the piano. Perhaps she is playing the "blues"?? haha.

5 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Christa said...

I know they're cheesy but Evan actually loves McGee and Me!
I love your creative way of listening to classical music - you're such a natural homeschooler! :)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hahaha
i liked mcgee and me too...back in the day!!

loves

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a creative way to stir creativity in young mind...you are the best. Love the hair flip...and what a lot of hair that is! My my. Glad to see Sam subliminally soaked in all the art exhibits.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Sue said...

yes, tis truly a lot of hair! haha

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Elise Susanne said...

I think he has cute hair! And, by the way, I did watch McGee and Me and thoroughly enjoyed them. I love the picture you painted with the party for Opa. You are so right how amazing it is to watch generations interact and care for each. I truly hope my children get to see that one day in my own family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home