Wednesday, June 27, 2007

what to do in a tornado

Yes.
i actually put that phrase into my google search window. why?? because we had "a severe weather warning" issued to us today, the wind was CRAZY the rain WAS WILD and i have never been in a tornado before...so i have NO clue what procedure is. apparently the tornado warning isn't yet official, although a funnel did touch down north of sarnia in lake huron....and people saw the startings of funnels as they drove through town.

anyway. this is the view from my windows when the rain-wind-craziness stopped. actually it was lying across our driveway, superwoman dragged it away from the road and drive though. (heehee)the book that got dropped so i could find the flashlight (just in case) and listen to the local station for updates and directions. (on the radio that just happened to be set up for Julia to listen to story tapes....otherwise it is never set up...thank you thank you thank you to God for organizing the storms on a day when i could easily tune in!)
the food that was cooking...and finished cooking during the crazy storm.....summer borscht (spell???) and taco salad meat!!
well, my baby is sleeping now...and i am no longer going to pee my pants. teehee. i was a bit shaken at the thought of enduring my first tornado!! perhaps not today however...things seem to be calm....for now.

8 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Say calm Sue!! it will pass... your in Southern ontario.. these things dont' happen here.... often....
We had the same scare a few weeks back. Today, it is just some great rain and wind to cool things off!! I had a great time standing in the rain!
All is well here! Take care! Hugs from our house to yours!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hahaha thx robyn!i do love the rain, especially after all this heat, eh?

the storm is nice too...it's just the scare of high winds and tornado's that get me! haha. i'm not used to it. the fear of the unknown...eek.

but we are all good now.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Kari said...

We just had all that crazy weather here...sorry to pass it along!! I thought it was so funny that Eric didn't know what to do in case of a tornado, either...I guess I just grew up knowing! I seem to remember a lot more of them here when I was little, and definitely remember being crouched in my Grandma's basement during some wicked storms (they're closer to the edge of town). Ah, the good ol' days! Glad to hear you all are in one piece!! :)

Kari:)

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Sue said...

thx Kari.
can't wait to seeeeee youuuu!

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Sarafina said...

wow, severe weather warnings? now, i could go into a rather long lecture on the benefits of living on the west coast...
but i won't...remember that storm in Kingston where the tent blew down on Dad and the poles broke in half and everything? That was probably the closest I've seen to a tornado. glad all is well in scary-weather-ontario.
love you all (0:
xxoo

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger poof said...

Ahhh...Dorothy...ToTo! These storms always seem scarier when we have our little ones to think of. In the old days, you would have probably had fun and tried to get air with a garbage bag jumping off the manure pile. At least, that what Holly used to do. Ha!

Glad all is well.

24And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being covered with the waves; but Jesus Himself was asleep. Matthew 8

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Sue said...

hahaha. so true aunti. i remember bringing the garbage bags to the hill and trying to fly....it never worked very well, i was always so disappointed.

haha.

Sis, the west coast may be free of severe storms...but aren't you on an Earthquake watch?? hahaha.

love to all. see you very soon.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

Glad you are safe! I didn't even know until last night but there was a f4 (f5 being the highest rating) tornado just outside the city.. destroyed 4 homes, no people though!

I would have been very afraid in your shoes. My plan is to hide in the bathtub with a matress over top! My friends tell me that isn't the best plan...

so, there was just a warning in the end right, nothing touched down on you? Man, I can't believe all this extreme weather. I think I will keep on recycling...
Back to school work for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home