Friday, March 14, 2008

Helpful

This is my helper.

Acts 20:35 "In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

She is my princess.  Completely willing to lend a hand whenever possible. (gotta love the camera smile eh.... she really has it to an art)  This is my daughter, who, asks (pleads) to fold laundry with me.  Then, she delivers it to the appropriate place quickly and well. (i feel like i'm writing a resume, but really i have just been observing these traits in her for a couple weeks now and had to write about them)  Her gift of service and keen observation have resulted in many humorous moments of joy for me.  I often place items at the top or bottom of the stairs to bring up the next time i go up or down.... she has started taking them herself (since she goes up and down much more than i do).   Another thing, she noticed that sam's bucket of washcloths was almost empty one day, so she retrieved some from the bathroom and filled his bucket!!  what nearly-four-year-old does this??? I just can't wait to see how this blossoms in her.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for this little life, so willing to help and be useful.  So willing to watch for the needs of others..... what a blessing she is to us.  

(don't get me wrong, there are moments when she doesn't act so kindly and sweet....  but if i dwell on them, i start thinking of her in negative characteristics instead of the positive ones)

:)  that is my rant for today.  God is good. He graciously gave us another day, another breath, another chance to glorify Him.   

4 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...maybe the gift of service is hereditary? What a blessing that beautiful little girl is :) Love you all!

Kari:)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Christa said...

I agree with Kari! :) You are doing an amazing job modelling for your daughter how to love and serve people. And you are an example to me to look for the positive characteristics in my children and not focus on the negative.
Hugs,
Christa

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Sue said...

:) love you girls.

why is this country so big???? i wish you were both around the corner.

su

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaw. That's so cute. Julia seems like a very helpful little girl. Andrew and Micah really like to fold laundry too, although they are still developing this skill. Usually, I must re-fold their piles after they are in bed... but I'm so happy they like to help!
Hope you are doing well!
Love, Janet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home