Thursday, July 31, 2008

more of Amy's Awesome Visit

More of our visit:

Amy, Julia and I picked apples from our front yard and then i was treated to the culinary talents of Miss K. :) Delicious Apple Crisp, Amy Style!! :) mmmm.
We walked a lot during her visit, to give her a taste for the town we dwell in. The first day she was here we walked for at least 3 hours total because sam was sick, and sitting in his stroller was the best we could do for him . poor guy.

Aren't those flowers beautiful????
On my birthday we went to church, and then Amy wanted to take me to coffee. Since dave was working, we took the kids with us!! heehee. It was super fun, and the staff even gave me my very own slice of bday cake as a gift!! i was impressed. in the picture below, you can see the ribbon i'm wearing. It says "birthday girl" and Julia made me wear it all day. :)
Sam loves 'leetles' otherwise known as tickles or a back rub . he gets 'zoned' and nearly drools all over!! haha. cutie.


Sunday was my 25th Birthday, and i have to say, i was REALLY spoiled. i thought maybe, just maybe dave would surprise me with the day off, or maybe i'd get to have a couple girls over for tea.... but no, it was awesomer than that! :)

The day began with dave telling me to stay in bed. Amy brought breakfast up to me on a tray with flowers and a candle. So classy!!
Dave asked Amy to make sure i took a nap in the afternoon.... so i did..
Amy took me out for coffee and cake (as the pictures show)....
Dave invited Carla over for me to go walking with....
and then... the sneaky sneaky people that love me...
when our walk was over we arrived home to a fully decorated home, crammed with people and food!! (chocolate fondu to be exact!!! yum!)

so... i am spoiled. i feel very loved. it was so fun. Amy asked people to tell how they met me, and a favorite memory. i'd have to say, that was my favorite part of the night. i don't like being on the spot... but it was super fun to hear the random memories from the various folks. a few things i didn't have any recollection of, i guess that's what made it so special. i was touched.

i love you all. thank you all. turning 25 was the best celebration so far. i know they only get better.

5 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Doug said...

That sounds like a most memorable birthday. It's wonderful to have such good friends and loved ones who come together to make such a great memory for you. Happy 25th Susan. (You're still our "little girl").

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Sue said...

thx dad and mum!! :)
it was very memorable! they keep getting more and more that way

su

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger The dB family said...

Hi Susan!

What a wonderful birthday day you had! Let me say, "Happy Birthday" too. I loved being 25, but sadly it was a long time ago for me. :-)

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Christa said...

Since I didn't get to be at your birthday party, I'll share my thoughts here. :) I met you when you were still a shy, quiet young girl in youth group, probably in about grade 8.
I remember our visits when you used to come over to our basement suite after school. Our Anne of Green Gables marathon was definitely a highlight and I have always loved getting awesome back massages from you! :) You are a cheerful, helpful, thoughtful, loving, kind, godly woman and I am thankful for the chance to know and love you.

Hugs,
Christa

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Sue said...

ooooooh thank you sweet Christa!!

i treasure our relationship and those memories as well!!! i loved getting to know you and having you and your family in my life!!!

love you friend.
su

 

Post a Comment

<< Home