Sunday, November 09, 2008

FIRST HAIR CUT!!

my surfer-boy has lost his long long long long long curls, and in their place there are sweet little ruffle-curls like last spring, before his locks grew so straggly. Here is the post-bath-comb-out, so sleek. haha.



and there we are.... mama chopped it off!! i was just going to do a 'trim' to keep it neat and tidy, but really... with a 19 month old you just do what you can! hahah. i ended up taking off about an inch all the way around, and a bit more at the nape of the neck (to keep him from looking like he had acquired a MULLET). it isn't a fabulous cut, but i am happy with my work (i'm new at this). and i figure it went pretty well considering he sat nicely through it all. The picture bellow is Knight Sam, wearing the Maille shirt dave made for julia. :) doesn't he look awesome?? haha. that was before the hair cut that i did this evening. :)
i miss the straggling curls, but it is better to have his hair neat and tidy, and much much less girlish. poor guy was being called a girl by people that KNEW WE HAD A BOY!!! oh well. :) haha it was our fault.
AND NOW I'M OFF TO SLEEP .

i am all peopled out. i am not a total introvert, but i am not an extrovert either... so after 4 days of seeing 1-6 different visitors each day... i'm ready for some quiet. i LOVE YOU ALL but i need some introvert time. hahaha. to recharge for more great fellowship!

God is so good.

3 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

Sam's hair looks great! Good cutting job. The most I do is bangs, and I dread the day when I have to do more of a cut. Corrina's hair is wild and curly, and I wish I had a reason to cut it short to keep it neat, but I just can't part with pig tails and braids, yet!
And speaking of hair, I cannot get over Mercy's mop of luscious dark locks! You will have one of those fun families where you get to see so many different family traits come out in your multitude of children! Can't wait!
I think Sam will make a great daddy one day with all his baby holding skills, and patient ways!
Enjoy your recharging downtime!
(ha, ha... the word verification is 'brestr' but I accidentally put 'bresty' the first time!)

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Good job with the haircut!! I was nervous to do Kallie's first cut so I took her to a kid's hair place and the poor girl was hysterical. It was the first time I had ever seen her act like that, just completely beside herself. Needless to say, I'll attempt the next cut!! I love the pig tails and clips and such too, but she pulls them out as soon as we go anywhere in the car...grrr...!!

Anyways, I've been loving the pictures - the kiddos are so darn cute! Wish we were closer so I could get to know them :)

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger derek salmon said...

i love the picture of him drinking from the green sippy. so cute!
good job on the haircut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home