Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sam's Birthday is Fast Approaching.





So I thought i'd try my hand at a new art form: Fondant Icing. BOY is it fun!! i chose to buy it ready made, since mixing it can be very difficult unless you own a Kitchen Aid mixer (apparently).

So, now to bake and freeze the cake, so i can form it into a train later this week!! Horray for Trains and little boys turning 3!!!!!

Time for cake?? you might ask, how is that practical...? But you see, i have been TRAPPED indoors with sickness. I have terrible congestion. Mercy is recovering from Bronchiolitis and Sam is recovering from Pneumonia. Ik. Julia has a "bad cough" and so far Dave is fine. (Praise the Lord!) I cannot wait for tomorrow, when he'll finally be home and i can take it a little easier. (this is where dave laughs and says, "yeah, but you still won't- rest that is")

Anyway, being trapped indoors takes a lot off my "To Do" list. I haven't gone out for groceries, play dates, spring break games at church, school, walks, adventures in the woods, errands, yard work, neighborhood visits, or ANYTHING besides getting the mail (and THAT is on my porch, so it doesn't count!!). SO, i have TIME to explore the world of Fondant. :) hahaha. and it was fun. This afternoon i'm hoping to sew some Party Bunting. (i think it's called that). Thanks to my mom for the awesome construction material, it will suit this Birthday perfectly!!

love to all. keep praying for health. the sun is out and we want to PLAY!!! :)

7 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! Looks like you are a pro already! I love fondant cakes...but they always look too pretty to eat! Can't wait to see the finished product!

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Eric said...

You're so talented!! I have a fantastic recipe for marshmallow fondant that is quick to make, has three ingredients (marshmallows, water, icing sugar), easy to work with and tastes amazing! If you'd like it, let me know!! Wish I could decorate with you....

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Whoops, Eric is actually me...

And I think you'd have to be very brave to make fondant with a kitchenaid :) I tried it once, and it was a big, big sticky mess :)

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Sue said...

hahaha thanks Kari!! I was reading up on making the icing, but it sounded like it would be pretty tough. So i figured, with the way my crazy-sick-kid week was going, i'd better just buy it. :) But if YOU say that your recipe is easy to work with - OH BABY!! Send it my way!! :) i'd LOVE IT!! :)

:) thanks!!!!by the way, i wish we could decorate together TOO!!!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Sue said...

HI Meghan! Who are you? I was unable to check your profile. :)

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Khristi said...

Sue,
You amaze me. I'm finding it hard to take care the of house all by myself (I do not like to cook and when I do it seems I make enough to feed Thai coconut chicken to everyone I meet). You are truly amazing. I can't wait to see this "train" when it is done.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Khristi!! hi there dear!!! Long time no see!
I feel for you right now hun, i don't like taking care of an empty house either. boo. I hope the next couple of months fly by for you, and then let the adventure begin, right? :)
su

 

Post a Comment

<< Home