Saturday, February 05, 2011

so glad.

I experienced the great exchange today, the perfect trade.


As I walked to the kitchen sink for a drink of water, it came to me... My friend Sonia and I worked out a wonderful example of life-sharing.

Simple, but so helpful.

She took her older children skating, and brought Julia with her.
Saving me the trouble of taking two little frozen, crying, floppy, sad kids out on the frozen lake, and providing Julia with two wonderful hours of bliss!!! (she loves skating!!! Julia's little friend figure skated along with her today, they had so so so much fun)

Then I took my friend's daughter for the afternoon/evening for a playdate.
Saving her older children from noise (apparently). They thanked me as they picked their daughter up for the trip home, thanked me for a quiet afternoon. ( at their house, that is!! hahaha)

Now, isn't that awesome? I love little things to be glad about.

speaking of glad: i love listening to Brian Deorksen's worship albums. All. Day.

2 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are perpetually positive Su. Thanks for that.

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Ems said...

I love your perspective Su! Hope you guys are well and staying warm.
Have you heard Kathryn Scotts album - has some songs with Brian Doerksen on there and they're just awesome.......highly recommend.
Blessings from Wales
Love Ems x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home