Saturday, July 23, 2011

**Hot**


Growing up in British Columbia, I don't think it ever once occurred to me that one could sweat sitting still. But here I am, on a chair, ten in the morning and I am sticky like one in a hot sauna room already!

whew. Heat. I love summer, swimming, long days, active days, special events and play dates, really it is a wonderful season here in Southern Ontario. Our blue skies are brilliant, full of adventure and inspiration. You wake to see bright green trees, shimmering in the morning light. Glorious sun rises and sets. Reds, pinks, oranges. Everything shouts: LIVE, RUN, PLAY, EXPLORE!!

I've found only one minor setback to this wonderful feeling of freedom and excitement for life: humidity. ik. I don't know the science of it yet, but my body shuts down when the air is thick with moisture. My shoulders feel the weight of my head as tiresome and unbearable, my lungs labor to fill, and my motivation dissipates like dew in the morning sun. You see, when 38 degrees really feels like 49 degrees... there is a BIG difference! whew.

Regardless of this we push on. Grumpy, tired from sleepless, restless nights, we do life together. We do house work, make meals from the pantry and fridge instead of cooking ( since the house is 94 degrees on the worst day ) , and we stick our feet into the kiddy pool to feel relief. One day I started an all out water fight, three against one. Mommy armed with a plastic toy wheel barrow, each kid with a water blaster toy. I hid around corners, they squealed. We all dripped with cool water from head to toe!!

Good summer memories.

Well i think promised stories about our eighth anniversary last i wrote. So i should do that today sometime. For now, i need to go spend time with my husband! we have the day off of parenting!! wahoo!!

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great photo. It just looks "hot!" Looks like you were the only ones at the beach!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home