Friday, June 24, 2011

not flashy, just real



I cannot please the eye with beautiful photos that are perfect in texture and composition, no, I can enjoy the art of others but i cannot give that to you here. :) But i will share that which i have: the simple life that we live. (*disclaimer: I do not say this to pass judgement on the beautiful blogs, i love LOVE them and how they inspire creativity, and a longing for something more beautiful than this world will ever offer.*)



I am enjoying a late morning coffee, listening to the chirping of neighboring birds, and the occasional drip of last nights' rain from our trees. My lovely children are savoring moments with their Oma, and I relish the break from my parenting. Time to focus on the goal again, the goal of God being glorified in all i do: laundry, dishes, organization of the home, managing my children's hearts, loving my Dave, being a good neighbor and friend, where i spend my time, how I use my words, where i put my thoughts, all of it matters.

So how do we spend our first moments alone with no children to care for? Savoring food, good God-given food, because He did provide it for us after all. Dave and I love to enjoy bbq to the glory of God. (to borrow a "Mark Driscollism". )

Then we worked together to steam clean our couch and some carpets. I've found it to be the best way to make a nearly 15 year old hand-me-down couch live a little longer.

Brightly colored strawberries filled my morning, as i needed to preserve them before they became over-ripe. Mmmmm. And now, well, John Piper preached at me that to have a lasting faith one must be in the Word, and hear the Word preached daily. So that is what I will do now, read my Bible and go through my prayer journal. *Sigh* a day off. i Will enjoy this, to the glory of God. And when my children return, i will enjoy them to the glory of God as well.

In all things, give thanks.


5 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger The dB family said...

Love it!! I have strawberries on the counter needing my attention, but at the moment, I have three little girls needing my attention more. I think mine might end up becoming jammed ;o)!

Blessings!
Deborah

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hahaha, i think about you and pray for you every time i drive by your house! :) I hope you are doing well, in the middle of all the craziness.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Kyria's Vineyard said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Love this post! It's so nice that your kiddos get to spend time with Oma...isn't it amazing how even a few short moments of separation enables you to enjoy your kids so much more? :). I hope you are having a wonderful day today!

And those strawberries look so yummy!!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger derek salmon said...

i love and agree with your thoughts on making every moment count to God's glory! thanks for the reminder :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home