Tuesday, January 24, 2012

..Creative Energy..

A prayer I have uttered often is this, "Lord give me energy to be creative and challenge the hearts and minds of my children." Some days are fruitful in this area, and i capture smile and art on pixels to store for when my memory fails me. So today, as I uploaded photographs onto my computer, I was struck by the lovely moments I saw there. Flashing past. Memories of imagination and art. Seeing creativity sparks more creativity I find.
Project: Ice wreath. Needed: Bunt pan, or pie plate, things found while walking in the wood, or items from your fridge for birds to eat. water. cold weather ( or your freezer ) . Have children place the oranges, pine cones, acorns, cranberries, and seeds in the plate. Pour in water. Place twine in water to hang the wreath from. Set outside to freeze. ( This took almost two weeks for us, since we have been experiencing mild weather here! ) :) Hang in tree. Enjoy the pretty colors in our season of white and gray.
Project: Egg-celent Penguins Needed: Boiled eggs, cheese, anything food-like to make penguin parts. :) My dear friend Jess was talking about fun food things she does with her girls. It inspired me to do something fun with snack time. Sammy and Mercy loved it. mmmm. Penguins. yum.
It was a day where I just wanted space, quiet, something, something other than what I was doing. Discontent. It sits festering in the bones, i hate it. I want to purge it. So, I decided to sit and do a project with Sammy instead of wallow in my feelings of discontent. And do you know what? Yes, You probably do, since it is rather common knowledge - that doing something for my children instead of whining that I could not meet my goals for the day helped to remedy my illness of heart! I know this is always true, I just wish it was easier to do. Common knowledge does not mean common practice (if it did, there would be many many fewer problems in the world). So, Sammy wanted to learn about the Solar System and we had a library book on it. This is how we learned- playdoh in hand!
thanks to my dear folks, we have been enjoying the great outdoors as often as the weather permits!! LOVE IT!!

2 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger The dB family said...

Love your creativity! The ice wreath is so pretty. Too bad it's been such a mild winter for it to hang around.

Blessings!
Deborah

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

love it all Sue! The creativity, the projects, the family photos above!! And I can identify with the intentional choice to sit down and do a project with the kids instead of stewing and wandering about thinking about what can't be done...good to know I'm not the only one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home