Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Evening.

These photos are from a couple of weeks ago, I meant to put them on sooner, but you know how it is. One kid gets sick, two kids get sick, three kids get sick, mommy get's sick, the week slips past, the basement floods, you do groceries, mop the floor, and fall into bed.... the story of motherhood, the story of life. So, back to the photos: Mercy's first braids!! And LOOK how long her hair is when it is wet, wow!! Sammy after his shower, looking 'crazy'. He wanted to recreate this look the next morning for school, but i don't have those sorts of skills. :) Julia reading peacefully. She loves to read. I enjoy evenings. How about you? I love feeling the end of the day pull me to slow down, finish tasks, prepare for peace and quiet and cozy things. It is a time for sitting on the couch reading to kids, putting lunches in the fridge for the next day, flicking the switch on the kettle to make tea. *sigh* A nice time of day. Enjoy your next evening. You only get one a day! Don't take it for granted! :) haha.

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy those wonderful quiet peaceful times. Mine is often now in the morning after the kids go on the bus. I sit with a cup of coffee away from the mess (in my office) and when it's done I start the day's work. Our evenings are good too, but WAY shorter now that we have an almost 15 year old. It's different but also nice...we were just commenting on how strange it will be to one day have quiet all the time.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Sue said...

haha. I think Quiet all the time would get 'old'quickly. But to have quiet MORE often will be nice. :) I have heard life is very different when kids stop having an early bedtime. I bet it is fun to have near-adults sharing your space, learning and living together. (And stressful other days)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Sarafina said...

You're very good at savoring those peaceful moments. I love them too. Even though they're few and far between at times!! I love the pics, especially Mercy's...adorable with the smile showing up in the mirror!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home