Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Garden

Here it is folks. growing so nicely.
That purple flower is the Jacob's Ladder. Julia helped me spray all the gardens this morning. She can now do it all on her own, WITHOUT spraying me tooooo much. hahaha. the first time that I didn't hold the hose while she pulled the nozzle i got SOAKED, but she is much more accurate now....hahaha. silly girl. (accurate just means if she really wants to get me wet, she does so very well)
my lone daisy......... next year it should have a few friends.

"Mommy i weed with you?"
"Mommy, you wash this off??????!!!!!!" hahaha. my little-not-so-likey-the-mud girl! You just never know....some days she enjoys sitting in the garden pouring the dry dirt alllllllll over her head, legs, arms, everywhere!!! and other days, she makes this face:
Ah, she is funny.
here is a worthy task: painting the porch with water. yes, water. Although it may seem pointless to many, this was a wonderful project that enabled mommy to wash her windows (inside and out) while Julia enjoyed painting the porch, windows, daddy's hockey sticks, etc. i suggest this as a good sidewalk project. When the sun is on your cement, paint it with water and various sized brushes, sponges, etc and the sun dries it away in minutes leaving a clean slate to start again! sooooooooo fun. and a wee bit silly and wet for hot days.

Lately, if Julia has awoken and cried for no apparent reason during her nap or early evening, once she calms she asks me to play piano so that she can sleep again. HOW CUTE IS THAT??? i can't help but smile. this is so sweet. She likes music so much that it is her comfort...she wants to hear the piano, and sometimes Ella, so she can sleep again. Then i leave the room, and never hear her again until night or nap is over. crazy eh???? it is so strange. the awaking is strange in itself, but her falling asleep again after a startling crying wake??? baffling. well. i enjoy it. Just a few moments ago she awoke crying louding, when i went in and cuddled her she calmed and said, "I want to hear rainfalls to sleep". (translation: she wants to hear mommy play "Waterfalls" on the piano, a song she likes)

Some may think, "that is strange manipulation, don't go along with it!" but i don't mind. i think it's cute.

DAVE UPDATE: Dave started his NEW job yesterday!!! He enjoys it so far....reading the safety manuals and such...but we will keep you posted. Now we just have to pray that his wisdom teeth don't fall out before dental kicks in, three months from yesterday!!! hahaha.

11 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger poof said...

Maybe she's having bad dreams. So cute that she asks for music. With Kristin it was always the Rankin family...worked every time, but ended up driving me nuts. I know every song, all the words, all the harmonies...the accents...oh no....thanks alot...now guess what's going to be going through my head all day!
Congrats Dave for the first day on the new job!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Sue said...

heeeheeeheee. that is awesome!!!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Hey Sue,
I just love your blog. You know I may have been a mom longer than you but you inspire me to be a better one. You are such an amazing mother.

Also, what did you mean by Ella in this blog. I know you're not refering to my Ella but just wonder who shares her name.

Alicia

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Hi Sue,
I love seeing your garden pictures...makes me feel like I'm there!! Boy, you're daisy would love my yard....we have a field of daisies like I've never seen...just you wait until they start reproducing!! Love you all!! New job time is always exciting - I'm sure that he will do wonderfuly (as he does everything!!) Congrats Dave!!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Alicia: Ella Fitzgerald, good jazz. thanks for the lovely compliments! i don't always feel very good in my mothering tasks...but it is nice to know that they are alright at times! haha

Kari: aaaaaaaaaaw, i hope to see more next year! that is my plan! more and more daisies! :)

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

Sue, you should be proud of yourself, you and Dave have done a wonderful job with Julia. She is very well mannered.
You are a great mom, you have so many ideas, and are so crafty. I think you should have many children.
Keep seeking the Lord, as he will guide you!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

I love flowers! name that quote: "i love daisy, don't you think they are the friendliest flower?" (good good movie!!)

My mom would grow sweet peas up our kitchen window every year, and we would have many many little boquets of them throughout the house. They are my favorite! Right now we are limited to house plants, but i am enjoy every one we have!

I think music is a perfectly wonderful thing for children to learn to fall asleep to. When i was going a therapy course we studied 'music' therapy for awhile. there are many facts about how music affects our moods. You have a very self aware little 2 year old, who knows what releases her stress and fears! When i was a child my mom would put a speaker from the living room by my bedroom door every night and play music for night time! OOOOH, and this friday i get to go see one my favorite childhood musicians: Charolotte Diamond. She is playing at the winnipeg children's festival. Dave and i want to be sure we take Corrina to lots of things like that, so we are starting while she is little!
I bet Julia will be hooked to farmer markets for life because she started so young!
I hope your day is musical!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Sue said...

i had a big comment. then the page didn't work, i waited hours and hours, just sitting here for it to work (not) and then when i went to paste it....IT WAS GONE! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
oh well

i love you all?? :)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Ooh...Janie...I know that one....it's one of my favourites (and a quote that I use quite often)...from "You've Got Mail!!" They really are friendly flowers, and when they're in a room they just make it seem welcoming and lovely. When I receive flowers from my wonderful hubby, they are usually daisies or mums or other such happy flowers!! It's like an extra little bit of sunshine!! :)

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Sue said...

awwwwwwwww so cute! i didn't know what it was from...i thought maybe Bambi?? heehee, i'd have been wrong! :)

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Sue said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home