Thursday, July 27, 2006

july 27, 1983

alas, it was a time ago, i find it difficult to recall definite details....the only one that stands out is this....

I WAS BORN! :) heehee


A glorious day it has proved itself to be. Dave surprized me earlier this weekwith a NEW FRESH sketch book!! (robert bateman cover series....just like the good old days in highschool....) Then this morning, in between his manly coffee time and work, he CAME HOME TO DO MY DISHES. wow. the sacrifice...i'm telling you...amazing.

The rest of the day continued in relative awakeness and normality....quiet, restful, NO WORK needing to be done....aaaah. The Lovely voices of my sister and mommy and daddy were heard...they celebrated my birthday by traveling to the beach...i wish i could have gone! :( But dave says we shall visit the beach this eve. :)

A wonderful birthday gift today was seeing our new baby. I had a 'dating ultrasound' from which i did not expect much...being only 10 weeks along. However, i saw a very clear sillowette of our baby and a rapidly beating heart. How amazing. How awesome! beautiful isn't it?? Barely known to us, besides my sleepiness and lack of certain womanly times (hahaha) , we hardly know this child is there.....but there is a strong beating heart, and a body, a full frame upon which God is shaping our child....wow.

well, dave will be home soon. then we are off to dine with the Jules. so farewell. and enjoy the day. for it is a good one! :)

love from sue

5 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY! You share the day with my mom.

That is sooo incredible that you can see your little baby. wow. a tiny tiny little person living in your, taking all your energy. It is so incredible that i can't ever really wrap my head around it, and i don't really want to.
I hope you have a splendid evening with lots of birthday happies. Does Julia understand that it is your birthday? I bet we will see a post with your exciting adventures and celebrations of you tomorrow.
Take it easy,
Lots of good wishes,
Love Janie

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger poof said...

A birthday Psalm for you then, and for the wee heart the beats within...

For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
-Psalm 139:13-16

God bless you!

aunti

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger poof said...

oops...that beats within...

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Happy Birthday. I sure hope that you had a great time doing all the birthday funs. I also hope that you enjoyed the views of your new baby! I am so pround of you. What a wonderful expression of life!
I hope you can have some good sleeping time, and some wonderful times away from everyone and some quiet time for you!
Hugs.

Dave, I hope you made your women a nice Cake

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Doug said...

mom said...Birthday Blessings to you Susan. Ido remember the day you entered the world. After 3 weeks of bedrest, Dad and I were anxious for your arrival. Things moved along very quickly, the doctor came just in the nick of time and you arrived safe and sound at 7 p.m. You brought and continue to bring much joy to us. How exciting to hear aand see your little one whom God has formed within you. Have a great day! Hugs to you . Love Mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home