Tuesday, July 25, 2006

bag?? purse?? picture??

Okay, so pretend there are lovely pictures of a new bag-purse that i just finished.....yes, it is true, blogger isn't working for me just now. alas, all else is well, i cannot complain (too much at least!) . So...speaking of being frustrated.................

...........i have been learning from Ecclesiastes lately. SO VERY INTERESTING! hmm. It is humourous, because if Solomon penned these words in this day and age, he would have been declared depressed and put on strong medications, however, he is only very realistic in his synopsis of life.

Life is frustrating. Com'on moms, you understand this all too well: we wash the dishes....and then there are more!! We sweep the floor....only to see more dirt there! We clean the laundry....and the bin fills up quickly thereafter. you get the picture. never ending: you 'toil' and it is in 'vain' (well, not terribly 'vain' to keep a household running smoothly) because it is NEVER DONE. now now, i am not complaining...there is a lesson in all of this .

All parts of life end up similar to this...frustrating in some aspects, because we are imperfect and incomplete without Christ. Our shortcomings lead us to seek a more accomplished being, the perfect God. We cannot deny it once we see our fate. That our lives, whether good or bad, full or dull, simply end the same as any other. We have the same fate. God gives us a period of time: we live, we choose and then we shall die.

I only hope for myself, and all of us, that when my film of life is played back to me (or your own , to you)....that i won't ask for portions to be deleted, that i won't be wishing i had snuggled more, been agitated less, and such, that i can see my life, my choices and know that God is pleased. And know that( in part) i tried to live for the glory of God and tried to enjoy Him forever.

Solomon wrote: "I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live" (ecc. 3:12)

(he wasn't all down and out! haha)

This is my lesson for the day....i want to look at life, it's ups and downs and praise God. I want to open my eyes to every moment that God has given me to enjoy. Every precious little thing. I want to live for HIS glory and i want to enjoy HIM forever. Since there is a time for everything, i want to make sure i'm not pining for the past or aching for the future when God has given me every good thing NOW.

sorry that this is long and drawn out. ha. i am just working out all this in my brain. feels like there is more room in there now... so maybe i can sleep.

love from sue

3 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

Some awesome perspective from you Sue!! Thank you for sharing your lessons of wisdom...we should all put this more and more into practice. For me, I'm finding studying the book of Revelation is helping me to put life into the "big picture" perspective, and hopefully to live more as Jesus taught...gratefully, loving others, and being a witness. It is GOOD to GROW!!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Sue said...

awesome sis, please tell us all about rev. what a book to devour. yikes...it scares me because it is soooo rich with things i don't understnad.

let us know what you learn.
love me.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger poof said...

That's nice Sue. So is the purse. :)
As Sarah knows, the most important part is the first three chapters of the Rev files. Have you gotten further than me now Sarah?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home