Thursday, August 17, 2006

Dog Poop Cookies

Or so they were named by Miss Julia. My favorite cookie, the Ginger snap, mmm so good. (And....apparently molassass is supposed to aid in the recovery from pregnancy-induced-nausia. Not that i have any just now, but hey, i might as well eat a couple to make sure i DON'T get a bit sick. *snicker* I find that my mind works in preventative measures like this often.) But .... back to the topic at hand...DOG POO COOKIES. I suppose, when rolled in HER method of rolling, it truly DOES appear dog poopish.....but really??? i can't imagine wanting to eat something called such. bla. they are very tasty.
"oooooooh look, dog pooooooop"-julia naus


Julia is a very good cookie roller. "COokie Rolling is so fun" - julia naus

"Can i eat a little?"-julia naus
"Can i eat this little piece?"-julia naus
"Can i eat this one?"-julia naus

see the pattern??

HEre is our darling butterfly princess. ah, yes, we are so blessed by her fluttering about our lives. I can't imagine life without her. Dave and I were just talking of this last night (after Dave's first successful men's gaming night!! horray! ). I can't believe she has only been around for just over two years...i can barely remember life without her here.

God gives such good gifts.

Praise the Lord.

while she was on the potty today, julia announced, "thank you mommy"
"For what dear?" says I

"For making me happy."-julia naus

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrggggggggg so wonderful.

9 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Sue said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

What a wonderful compliemt! For making her happy.... of all the sweetest things to say she choose the very very nicest.

I like her naming of cookies. Sometimes food just looks like other things... :)

I just got back from a little walk, and i passing lots of little porches and stuff, and missing your swing and front yard. One day i will dream on a swing of my own and Corrina will pick grass fromour own front yard.
Enjoy your darlings today, and tell dave "yippy" about his game night.
Janie

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Aww..you guys are just too cute!!! I'm so sad that I don't get to see little Julia grow up (and see her in her little wings - how cute is that)? :) I'm glad to hear that you had such a lovely day!! You are such a great mom, and are doing such a fabulous job with your little one....I can't wait to hear about the joys of having a houseful of kiddies one day!!! :)

What's a gaming night?

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger poof said...

Truly a special little girly! I mean...butterfly.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Janie: hahaha, yes, the poopy cookies were delicious and wonderful and looked JUST like poop until cooked into perfect roundness. :)

Kari: thanks dearie. i can't say i'm always a 'great mom' haha. but i try when i can. :) haha. and a gaming night is just a men's night where they eat junk, play risk (or other conquering games) and stay up late.

carla: yes, she is sometimes a butterfly, sometimes a squirrel, sometimes a horse, or a crab or a lion. :)

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

hello Naus family.
Arn't children wonderful. I love the 'dog poop cookies'. that would so be something Rawley would say to me. :) i decided to peep in on your life after seeing pictures on Janie's blog. I'm glad you guys had a good visit....next time i wanna come. oh and another thing. i did not know you were expecting again. i guess congradulations are in order. :) wondering if i could add your blog to my favorites so i remember to go there all the time. and other finreds from high school can find you and read abotu your wonderful life so far away from abby. let me know
take care and god bless!!!!
tammy

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Julia, what a great name for your cookies. We all thank you for making mommy and daddy so happy. I am sure you will be a wonderful big sister. I hope you can share your prayers with the baby.

Sue and Dave, you guys have such a precious little girl. You have done such a great job with her. I am glad that things are going so well with all of you.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hugs from our house to yours.

ps thanks for the email today, it opened my eyes to something I didn't want to see.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Robyn,
oh, dear, please email back...let me know what you mean. :) loves, sue

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Didn't mean to worry you Sue. Its all good!!

Hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home