Friday, July 28, 2006

the surprize

Okay....whew, what a wonderful, lovely, delight of a birthday! Dave is the master of planning surprizes, my oh my. i tell ya, this year, this SUMMER has been just crammed with fun and excitement because of the ideas that invade his mind.....i am so glad they do.

Under the "guise" of just going out for supper all dolled up, so that i wouldn't have to cook on my birthday, we trucked over to East Side Marios. ( Dave and I make a rule that going out means something new on our plates. Usually we go out for the sort of food that we could not prepare at home....i realize that Italian doesn't quite fit that description, however, i think my stomach could not have contained Indian or Chinese cuisine at this point in my pregnancy.)

The prospect of dining as a family charmed me, and i told dave that this was my best birthday since we got married. (since the last year i was in BC without him, and the year before that, on a plane to Winnipeg with Julia; however, without dave...boo)

Little did i know there was MORE TO COME! :)

We drove to the beach, to walk the white dunes and swim. It was odd that dave wanted to walk across the whole beach to get to the change rooms when you can drive up to them....but i trust this man so much, he MUST know best. :)
Off we go. Besides, it is so romantic to walk in our formal wear down a beautiful beach....sigh.

ONce we neared the changerooms, dave didn't even make a "B" line to them. Again, very odd for such an efficient walker as he. (he only lingers on a walk for my benefit) I tried to ask him why he wasn't walking to the rooms.....but he wouldn't give me a reply....that is when the trouble began....i saw too vans in the parking lot...side by side...mmmm. i recognize those... i said.

Dave laughed. There were two friends of mine, dressed in lovely gowns and sitting in the woods awaiting us!!

Soon a caravan of people i knew drove through and dissapeared.....when we found them, a beautiful setting was before us!!

Tables ladden with chocolate, various tea cups, wineglasses, flowers, ribbons in the trees, candles, and a crown for me! :) What a magnificent setting. What a charming evening followed. We ate cake and opened gifts and drank tea!

A tea party overlooking the lake (that i keep calling the ocean, silly me, but it is quite large .... )
WHat more could a girl ask for?? (perhaps better posture...as you can see in the picture, it is quite poor....haha)

Well, there was still more. Once the festivities of the lakeside tea were nearing an end, as well as being rushed to an end by the approaching and festering storm....we all joined fellowship at karli's abode and talked into the evening.
SOOOOOOOOOOO I AM SENDING A HUGE THANKS TO ALL THOSE THAT HELPED PLAN AND EXECUTE SUCH A DELIGHTFUL EVENING FOR ME!!!! AND THANK YOU TO ALL THE BELOVED PEOPLE THAT CALLED AND SENT CARDS. thank you thank you!

6 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

WOW!
I am nearly in tears...what a lovely much deserved surprise. Dave's way of saying "Never go away on your birthday and leave me alone again!" perhaps. I'm glad you were showered in so much affection for your special day...only wish I could've been there too )0:
Love you!!!!!!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

WOW! That is soooo romantic, thoughtful, and beautiful. Dave is the master of surprises isn't he? I mean just remembering his proposal to you... he started off showering you with unknown, magical events! What a beautiful evening... ahhhwwww. Do you think little Julia knew about it? I hope she takes after Dave and always surpises you with wonderful parties and such. I agree with you, what more could a girl ask for?!

I was just at the mall today looking at all the cute and fun clothes and i think you will have lots of fun being pregnant in terms of fashion for winter and fall. There are so many cute sweaters and such. I hope you get to add at least a few new pieces to your maternity wardrobe!
Take care of you, Julia, dave and new naus.
Fond thoughts,
Janie

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

wow.. that is soo sweet. Dave is quite the man of surprises. I am glad you had such a wonderful birthday. I am sure you will treasure that forever. You guys are so perfect!!

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan - You are so lucky with that hubby of yours. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day - you certainly deserve it.

Now if Mike has a word with him - telling him he is making it tough on the other guys..simply tell Dave to ignore him, OK?

Have a wonderful weekend.

PS. If you are out for a drive our way - stop in for a swim with Julia.

aunt J

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger poof said...

The thought has crossed my mind that Dave's buddies will either cower before him in humiliation and guilt or they will imitate his splendid royal example. Hmmm...

What a post! These pictures must be from another time, another land...a wee peaceful country perhaps in an imagninary tale with ladies in waiting and endless delights. And the lovely wee Princess Julia grew to be loved by all in the land of Nause...

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hahaha. yes, it was fabulous and wonderful and i DO THINK his buddies want to BEAT HIM UP. but that has always been the case...hahaha.

I think i will take you up on the swim idea Aunt J....um....perhaps soon...i will get in touch with you . Lovely sounding visit to the farm....those were the highlights of my childhood...visiting my aunt and uncle's farm....splendid. talk to you all later!!

love from sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home