Wednesday, November 22, 2006

nervous excitement


So, as most of you know i play the piano. I really REALLY enjoy playing the piano. Sitting down and spinning off some lovely tunes has always made my heart light. The somewhat unfortunate aspect of this hobby is that...well..to share it requires spotlight, and that makes me nervous. I start to feel small and silly, knowing that there are much more capable hands out there to play.

Anyway. i am going to play Christmas music in three weeks for a church Christmas party. I requested only the arrival time, so that as people come in and sit down i will be the 'background' music. I am really excited about this, since i feel a little silly NEVER using my piano skills, but then, there is a season for everything. (I still hope to teach children piano in the future, and have laid out some lesson plans.) Dave is excited too. He is always trying to drop hints to people that i play piano, and that i should be playing in church. (i think it is his round about way of saying he likes how i play....hahaha, i know i'm not good enough to play for any worship team, not with my lack of practice over these last 3 years)

yep. that is my nervous excitement for the month. ha. should be fun. :)

8 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Sue! Don't bury your talents. Like, I can talk...totally hide away play in a dark room syndrome...I feel your pain...

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Oh you - you're so talented!! And I have proof on a certain christmas program video tape from a certain place in Sweden...ooh...maybe I can sell it on the black market!! :) haha You will do wonderfully!! I'm sure that you will bless the people around you immeasurably! I have always felt the same way about singing - there's so many folks that do it so much better....but I eventually realized that we don't choose the gifts we get, but are responsible to use them in a way that glorifies God! What a humbling thought that is!! Love you guys - hey, did you see my preggo picture on my blog? :)

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Susan,
You are so wonderful and talented - I know you'll do great!! Just wish I could be there to hear you play. Your post reminded me of something - I haven't played my keyboard since last Christmas!! Hey, we should get together and play sometime - just like old times! Maybe someday...

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Sue said...

ooooh Natalie, i was thinking about you lately and wondering where you were!! oh i miss you, and would love to get together to play piano!! :)

maybe this summer?? there is a really good west jet deal on just now...
:)

loves.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

Good for you Susan! That is exciting! You'll be GREAT.
By the way, feel like sharing any of those lesson plans????

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Doug said...

I remember how I used to enjoy how you put feeling into your piano music when you practiced. This is great that you're serving in this way. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and the great feeling that comes with using a gift in ministry.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Thanks all. the encouragement will help dull the anxiety until the night-of. :)

haha.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Sue said...

sarah, i'll email my rough ideas to you.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home