Sunday, November 12, 2006

Splendid

This lovely grey sunday morn has suddenly become bright with the light of our dear sweet sassy Julia in her fab new Christmas dress. :) (sassy has been added to the list of descriptive words for miss J simply because it is true....she has some real sass at times. haha)

Yesterday i picked up some lovely dark locust beans (i think??) off the ground, beneath the empty trees of late autumn. Dark, like mahogany, and firm like wood, these are fabulous additions to the decoration pile. I really like natural decor: fruit, pinecones, twigs, etc. I suppose it refreshes me to see things that were once growing and know that after a long cold winter the spring will bring more living blooming color to our world again.

So tell me, what are the first signs of Christmas in your home????

5 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Around our house, in the begining of December, you will start to see some decorations, maybe the outdoor lights, and smell the apple cider. Closer to the middle of the month, our house will get full of decorations. By the 20th or so of the month, the baking will be over flowing, the smell of "Christmas" will be in the air, and the house will be full of friends and family(I hope).
We are slowly getting started with Christmas, but are having some troubles with it right now. I have bought the cards, we have done our "family photo", so I guess it is just going to take some time, and things will slowly come into place!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Sue said...

oooh good for you! i haven't even given cards and letter-mailing-lists a thought...ooh oh. :) thanks for the reminder!!

loves.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

Awwww, the dress is TOO cute!
Love it.
First sign of Christmas: The MUSIC! But this year, also a grapevine wreath on the door and a cranberry apple delicious candle smelling up our home!
I too need to get on the card thing.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

Every time i have a picture idea or desire Corrina is sleeping, so we don't have a seasonal family photo yet. I am also wanting to make her a fancy dress so that has been setting me back as well! One day!

I pulled out my Christmas scented oils and which now fill the house daily (and especialy in the evenings!) with the aroma of cinnoman sticks and apple cider. I am a cheater, unlike Robyn, who doesn't make the real thing.. just the oils!

great julia word: sassy! I like it.

Janie

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Sue said...

ooooh sounds lovely. i love the SMELLS of Christmas season...mmmmm.
And the music...yes we have had it on for a little while now...crazy.
:)
loves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home