Thursday, November 09, 2006

hElp???



okay, as promised, the unflattering pictures...hahaha. i REALLY don't have a great eye for fashion...and i second guess myself all the way through designing. oh dear. but really, this doesn't look nearly as funk-ed-out and peasant-ish as i hoped. i feel like a rather round large chocolate truffle when i try this on.....oh dear. at least i am learning!!

Any fashion tips?? i need to decide how to fasten the shirt. i was pondering two side ties, coming from the right hand side of the shirt front and tying over to the left side of the shirt, in line with my sleeve. ???
i also tried a tan colored belt around the shirt at empire waist level. i really liked it, but i just don' tknow if it is silly looking and if my family would walk next to me. :) haha.
any other ideas? does it need another plain material to balance the majorly-patterned-ness of itself???

any clues, tips, hints, opinions welcome.

thanks.

8 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

Mmmmm, chocolate truffles. No, that's not what comes to mind from the pics! Haha. I LOVE it! The color and pattern are beautiful Sue. I'm no fashion guru (types while wearing holy grey 10-yr old joggers and curly unruly hair from lack of attention) but from where I sit I like the empire waist idea...maybe something thinner than the belt though, like a beige or really dark brown or rust red kind of rope/twine thing? (I think there's a sewing word for what I'm thinking of, but I really wouldn't know it). just my 2 cents. Lovely creation.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hmmm me likey

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Sue, I love the shirt. I think you should tie it. little ties, I think that would be cool!
I have one question.... where did your belly go?

Hugs from our house to yours

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks kind of oriental. Definitely needs a finer tie, maybe a red one...could tie at the side opening but be attatched somhow across the front? Hmmm...

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Sue said...

thanks. :) i think i will work with these ideas...

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Sue said...

haha, hi cam.

we miss you too.

"everyone poops" is the best shirt you have. :) haha

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

Sue,
I am also not very good at putting outfits together, unless they are from Reitmans. I do however love the fabric and the sleeves and the fact that you made it!
I too thought of oriental when i read about 'tieing over to the side at the sleeve'. You could do little ties, or little buttons. I do like the belt (and if you are following or liking the 80's thing going on it fits! If not, then forget that i said that!) It helps break up the color, and when you are even further along it will accentuate your cute little bump! You could also attatch those little strings (like the ones that are found on the sides of fancy dresses)to the sides so that if you wanted to add different ribbons or chords you could and they would stay in place, and the belt would just lie over them if you didn't have a ribbon in. Anyway, have fun creating and wearing! Have i said it looks great: You look great!
Janie

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Sue said...

haha.a thanks to everyone helping me figure this out. now...what to do...pictures will come when it is done.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home