Friday, February 09, 2007

Hearing From God

SO last night we attended a worship night at the home of a good friend of ours. Julia stayed up and danced and sang for a bit, and then it was sleepy time. I put her to bed in one of the rooms upstairs in their home, we did our ritual of praying and then me telling her a 'story about her'. (started this a couple nights ago in memory of my daddio telling me these awesome-from-his-imagination stories as a child -- 'Joey Stories') So far the stories have all taken place on our 'family farm' and her adventures are mostly ones that i experienced at my cousins farm out in bradner. :)

Anyhow. Dave and I stuck around and sang for another hour and a bit, and when it came time for us to gather the sleeping bundle and leave something very interesting happened.

Dave woke up the Jules, dressed her in something warm and came downstairs. Her loud bubbly voice trickled down as she announced, "I have something to tell everyone!!"

Dave put her down and she wandered over to where the people were sitting and worshiping and she said: "I asked God if He liked the music, and He told me He liked the music about Him."

During the night different people had been speaking verses that came to mind as we praised God, so this fit well into the evening of praise and worship and words from God!

I often wonder just what happens when Julia prays. i wish i could know. That is definately something i want to ask God about in heaven. Did Julia really hear God tell her that? (since she has said similar things many times before--"God told me to change my attitude" "God said...." etc) Or was it just in her imagination?

Ah well. it is good to have some mysteries in life. God is not easily figured out, if he was, he wouldn't be God.

In other news: dave surprized me with HOLY GOD by BRian Doerksen yesterday...it is great!!!

IN EVEN AWESOME-ER NEWS: check out my sister's blog...she is in my link list as "Life of a Sister"

love from the Naus Gang

4 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Christa said...

Have you ever read the book "Can You Hear Me?" by Brad Jersak? He has also written a children's version called "Children Can You Hear Me?" I have been reading it with my kids. It talks about how God really does speak to us if we are in right relationship with Him and if we are willing to quiet ourselves and listen to Him. It's worth reading.

Love Christa

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Sue said...

cool thanks Christa!! :)

i truly believe God speaks, and for some reason my mind thinks that children would be one of His favorite to speak to...but that is just me thinking, i of course, have no clue. :) haha

loves.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

that's so cool...must have been a really unforgettable moment for the people gathered there to hear her say that too! i think children have more space in their minds to hear God speak to them, space we crowd with plans, worries, schedules, what to do next, blah blah blah. they just seem like they would be more receptive. i guess that's why we're supposed to become like them! miss you guys xxoo

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too too cute! If the Bible says we must be like a little child to believe, I'm sure there must be some advantage to it. And the news from Sarah...what a shocker! In a good way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home