Friday, February 02, 2007

I have 5 weeks left....

well, here i am...round, round, round. with 5 weeks left (give or take a couple).

Lately my back pain has diminished, praise God. Occassionally the baby is too much on my right side, with it's little back stretching me out out out and causing pain. but i just have to lean over a table in a good stretch and wiggle my hips and gravity seems to help move wee babe to a more pleasant spot.

i know, funny mind picture....wiggle wiggle wiggle. it works though, okay! so stop laughing at me! :) hhaaha.

Anyway. Dave and I have decided to have this baby at home. As long as everything goes along well we will be allowed to, and so far my 'track record' says we will be fine candidates for a home birth. yipppee.

The Midwifery services here are excellent. The hospital keeps them under such tight restrictions regarding the patients that i know we are in really good hands. (None of the midwives want to make any poor decisions that could get them shut down i suppose. ) It is silly when i think about it, midwives are seen as the MAIN caregivers of pregnant women in so many other countries, such as the Netherlands, yet here they are not trusted like a regular doctor would be. I LOVE the care we receive from them.

My midwife is Isabelle, a dear sweet mother of two girls with a delightful back-to-the-earth apeal to her. (no wonder i like her eh? haha) Just yesterday she was telling me about the wonderful herbal bath that she and Dawn (my secondary midwife) will make for the baby and I after the birth. They light some candles, clean the house and leave a couple hours after the baby is born. Sounds just lovely, no?

So that is the latest i suppose.

Dave is off playing table tennis right now and then we will spend an evening of family time together. yep. nothing too exciting. just simple life. i love it.

5 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Wow Sue, where did that belly come from!!
I am so glad that you are able to have baby at home! Such a great idea! That is what we would like. So is Jules going to be there for this?
It is so great to have our children, and have such great care!

Praying for you, and yours.

Hugs from our house to yours!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Christa said...

I love the picture of your beautiful pregnant belly! When I see a pregnant woman, it always reminds me of how amazing God is that He could cause our bodies to have everything we need for a human life to be growing inside us.
Anyway, I think it's great that you're receiving good care from a midwife and that you want to have a home birth.
I am curious too about if Julia will be home when you give birth.
Blessings,
Christa

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Julia at home: i would love for her to be around, wander in and out, be there for seeing the baby right away. not necessarily in the room during pushing, etc. but i need to have someone present to care just for her since the midwife is there just for me and one just for the baby. Most of the people i have on-call are more comfortable bringing J to their home since our space is small and i think they would feel in the way.

but i hope to have her near enough that when the baby is born, or very very near, we can call and have her come back.

:) loves.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger that's us... said...

only a few weeks left until baby arrives- how exciting! i hope you get the rest and relaxation in you need before the time comes sue!
i had a midwife with brook and with this baby and just love them too! they give such amazing care...look forward to hearing the big news soon!
teresa

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Sue said...

HEY! Teresa, you are expecting again?? that is soooo exciting!! when are you due??

loves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home