Sunday, April 15, 2007

other sorts of happenings in nausland

ah, like father like son...i set Samuel down to play with daddy (before daddy was completely awake apparently) and when i returned.....well...not a lot of playing was going on!! ZZZZzzzzzfamily cuddles
family snuggles
WE WENT ON A REAL DATE!!!!!! thanks to our fearless oma and opa!! haha. we did supper, and then attended dave frasers' gig at a local Irish pub. Cavan is the name of his band (his grandparents' last name--i thought that was lovely and honorable! ), and they ROCK!!(excuse the bad pun) needless to say, i took one for the team, i am TIRED today!!
this pic is for my dear sis---THANK YOU FOR THIS ADORABLE SWEATER!!!!!!!!! (and in case anyone is wondering....that IS a pink suther. yup. pink. hahaha.my midwives think it is great (and funny) that he often comes wrapped in a pink striped receiving blanket--that is just what happens when your older sibling is a girl!! (because a lot of what you receive is pink then!! haha)Sam's okay with it, he tells me pink is the new black, who knew??

7 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

how nice to be able to get out on a date!! Wonderful! I hope things are going well for you guys.
J's bday gift might be a bit late.. I can't seem to find it... LOL
2 weeks of bachlorhood in my house, I can'at seem to find anything!!

Hugs from our house to yours!

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's in a colour anyways? I was looking at some old pictures from yester year and the men seemed to be all wearing pink shirts. Yes, pink was once a man thing. So it's okay. Babies are allowed to wear whatever they want. (Who decides these things anyways?)

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Sue said...

haha, um...i guess people did eh? but yeah. i agree.

-su :)

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

Yes, I agree, pink is the new black. It's very fashionable for men to be wearing pink dress shirts these days apparently...just ask the guy in our bible study who works for bootlegger, he's got one!

So I spent about 3 minutes staring at the lovely picture of yourself and Dave trying to remember when I'd given you that sweater YOU were wearing (before I scrolled down). Haha! The owl looks so handsome on him, and fits so well!!! Yay!

We need more details about the date. Sounds fun. I hope the recovery was quick and painless.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hahaha, oh sis--you are funny!! :)

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Christa said...

I thought Sarah had given you the sweater you were wearing too and I was thinking how nice it was - hahaha! I don't imagine Sam will be scarred very much by the pink soother but you might want to stop the pink hand-me downs once he's a teenager! :o)
Hugs,
Christa

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger dr riptide said...

Samuel is a gorgeous baby. Congratulations!

-Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home