Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day.




On this special day, i am taking time to honor my Mum. Yup, she is one spectacular lady. When I was young she took me home from school, so that we could have more time together - and it was a great 7 years of being taught at home. As we grew up Mom picked up jobs for my sister and I as paper delivery girls, so we could learn about handling money. Then she let me blow my money on a dog that i adored for years. (thanks mom) I know dad had a part in these decisions too, but moms play a big role in the day to day delivery of duties and responsibilities.

My mom loves Jesus, just ask her, she will tell you about how His love transforms her life. Just last night, mom read to me some of her thoughts off a page she wrote regarding Mother's day, and knowing that her Mum is spending it with Jesus this year. It is very special for me to see my Mum trusting God to bring her through the difficult days, and how they are making her stronger in His grace, mercy and love.

Creativity often gets brushed aside to be "full time mum", but My mama just found different ways of showing her creativity while she was at home with us girls. I mean, there was the food; baking, cooking, whatever it may be, there was ALWAYS some kind of food decorating the tables. :) Then the gardens and the house, she was the schemer when it came to colors, style and display. Sewing, too, has always been one of mom's creative talents, although i must say, i prefer her sense of style much better NOW than when i was a child. The clothing she makes for us and the kids now is WAY CUTER than the brightly-colored, curtain-style floral dresses, square-shaped shirts, etc of the 80's. ((ik)) Sorry mum. hahaha. We've had this conversation before though... haha.

So Mum, on this lovely day to celebrate you YOU you, i hope you feel loved and cherished. I know for certain that sarah and i "Rise up and call you blessed" because of who God made you to be, and how you show that to us daily.

((hug))

5 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Doug said...

I am truly blessed by my beautiful daughters who love Jesus and have become Proverbs 31 women who care for their husbands, children and home in a way that honors God!! Thank-you Susan for your loving note. I feel very honored as your Mom!!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Doug said...

The previous comment is actually by Elizabeth, not Doug! The Facebook account is in my name. Having said that however, you have written very touchingly and accurately about your mother. I agree. The Lord has been good to us.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Sarafina said...

Good post Sue, I agree!

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice Mother's Day thoughts!

How's your pain?

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hey Sonja, my pain is much more controlled now. :) i cannot chew on the root canal yet, but that is okay. with time it will settle completely. :) thanks for asking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home