Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby Shower for Ms. Madilyn!



Together as family and friends we celebrated Madilyn Marie's arrival into our big world. At nearly three weeks old she is beautiful, light red hair and dimples. Full of sweetness. :) K was blessed with many many many gifts for her sweet little one.



Here is a picture of K opening her gift from mom: a photograph of K as a toddler wearing a special dress that mom made her, which was the other part of her gift. How precious. :)



Here is the cake that Alicia made, talented girl that she is. :)



Amanda and I strung a clothesline and hung baby clothing and the letters of Madilyn's name as our main decoration. It looked SO cute!! (if i do say so myself)

There were fresh flowers on the tables, sweet and simple. The cards in a variety of browns, had little birds on them as well as the beginning of a sentence for the ladies to finish as a special gift to Karli. The cards said things like, "You will be a wonderful mother because....." , " My favorite children's book to read is...." , " The best advice i received about motherhood was..." , " A favorite song to sing to baby is....", and so on and so forth.

Mom and her friends put on a wonderful table of goodies for everyone. It was a lot of fun to work together, and the outcome was beautiful. It is a lovely thing to have another sister join me in the realm of motherhood, and to have cousins around for my kiddos'.

3 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the clothesline!! It really fills a room--great idea!

Congrats on the new niece to love.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Kyria's Vineyard said...

Looks like a lovely day! I love the idea of those cards...I'll have to tuck that away in my memory for the next time I throw a shower! :). Miss you, girl!

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops, that last post is me!

Kari:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home