Monday, May 15, 2006

NUMBER 156

Wow,

i made it to the great big number of 156. yep...the largeness of this number is to be celebrated by pictures and words. hooray!happy mother's day ..... TO ME! :)

THANK YOU to Karli for hosting our Mom's day lunch...i truly appreciated that it wasn't my house and my dishes and my work for the whole day!!! you put a lot of time and love and care into our brunch. THANK YOU.

Eric and Ann with the Julester. (being a goose of course...)
Sarah, i told you i'd show you the old Apple boxes we picked up at our farmer's market...here they are. We took four, and set up two little tables just like the one in the pic. They are so handy...it is a lifesaver to have table space for drinks, phones, books, etc.....

Anyway...any deep thoughts for the day??? hmmm. i have been more picture less word lately. Is that deep enough? ha

I feel like i fall back into such a selfish state constantly. isn't it odd? as i grow older (i know..i'm really getting up there) i see myself in the past and think, "man, was i ever self-absorbed...." but i still am now. As experience grows me, i begin to have a new perspective on those areas of life, but there is so much more to learn and change about me. I suppose that is just life....change change change, die, heaven, perfection in Christ. I often think about the terrible person i'd be without Christ in my life....truly though, even if i were "moral" and "self-disciplined" i'd be terrible without Christ in me changing my prideful self.
I'd yell more, i'd hate a lot, i'd blow up without feeling like dirt as soon as i did it, i would take everything way too personally, i'd be inclined to shooooot everyone down without guilt, i'd be annoyed by Christians smiling because they had 'peace' and 'joy' instead of 'success' and 'happiness', i would just be nasty.
I am so glad that Jesus can do anything. even turn selfish hearts into HIS. :) aaaah. God is soo ooo ooo good to us. Offering us life and love and acceptance, humbling us from our prideful selfish lives.....taking us to the better place....the feet of our God, servants forever, yet FREE in Christ.

:) Thank you to Lori for giving me the reference of "IT's not about Me" by Max Lucado. It's been like...6 months since i finished it, but it still pops into my head a lot. good book. recommended to any and all.

7 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger poof said...

Great post Sue. Wow, I've never thought of you as a selfish person...could you even yell? We'd all be totally messed up without His power.
I love those apple boxes, are they new? If not, hang on to them, they are keepers. We have an antique Coca Cola one that is similar and I saw one just like it in an antique store for major bucks...

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Sue said...

i was just thinking that i made this post sound like "hooray, i'm so good" but that isn't what i meant it to sound like...umm. yeah cuz i'm not spectacular and wonderful because Jesus is in me, i'm just saved that's all. rescued. grasped and drawn towards Him and by Him. nothing of myself.

yes the boxes are old old. :)
cool eh?

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger poof said...

Don't worry Sue, we know what you mean.
So they are old boxes! Wow! Those are hard to find.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Chambers, once again awesome. check the link.

"If you are still the same miserable crosspatch, set on your own way, then it is a lie to say that God has saved and sanctified you." wow.

what words to stew over today! :)

love to all.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Sue, we miss you. Hope you had a great mothers day! Looks so wonderful!!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

156?? 156th post on your blog?
Not getting it. Happy Mother's Day though!

Alicia

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Sue said...

yeah, 156 th post...thought i wrote that, turns out i didn't
ha

haha


oops

 

Post a Comment

<< Home