Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Husbandry and other topics of interest

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. So, here is my cutie, enjoying some art time at her little table....using the lovely cat stickers that Aunti Sarah sent to her in a package!! :) THANKS !! She loved them so so much that they were all used at ONCE in one special picture! haha. My sister is so thoughtful, always sending special little surprizes in the mail!! It is really sad to be so far away from her. Especially since she has two - almost three kids and we could have some AWESOME play dates together! Julia would like it too, today she asked if it was too early to call them (my sis's family) and invite them over to play. i WISH!
Here is a family shot of our Cowboy Picnic (part of our devotional series...) . We ate a picnic on our floor and dressed in whatever seemed Cowboy-ish. Julia had the best get-up. This Family fun activity was simply that....family fun. The stories we just finished up were loosely based around a cowboy story.

Now onto another important subject: Husbandry. Now, i'm not talking about the cultivation of crops or animals here...i'm talking about a different art form. That of being a Husband. (i think it should be called Husbandry) anyway. Dave is such a wonderful husband. I am forever baffled at how he knows just what to do to love me and our family!

Yesterday he showed up with a bag of gifts for us!! A new Veggie Tales movie for Julia and Two CD's for me. Now, it isn't so much the fact that it was a GIFT that made this a touching moment - for me at least, Julia, now she is a different story altogether!ha - FOr me it was the THOUGHTFULNESS. Dave is full of thoughtfulness !! I mentioned a while back that having some soft worship music with easily heard words would be awesome for bedtime in the home. We have a few that i play when J goes to bed: Hillsongs United(a little too upbeat for sleeping, but great songs) and Brian Doerksen....but it is nice to have variety. Soooo, he did just that. bought me two cd's that i can play for nap and bedtime, easily heard lyrics (important to me, because i think it is good for Julia to be able to understand the music is praising God) and soft songs!! yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

So , i just have to say. i think i have the most MOST thoughtful husband ever. He is so talented at surprizing us or getting well thought through gifts or planning a special outing. What a man. :) haha. I LOVE YOU DAVE.

________________________________________________________________
okay, very long post today: there is MORE.
________________________________________________________________
I would like to propose a contest, i'm not sure what the prize will be yet....but here is the idea:

In the Comment section please leave the following info:
1) guess the baby's gender
2) guess the baby's name (even if you think you know it already)
3) guess the baby's weight (please don't guess mine)
4) guess the length of labor

________________________________________________________________

Then another little contest:
Laughter is very helpful in the labor process. Not only does it do wonders for a persons' brain, but your body also relaxes allowing muscles to stretch more freely. I am hoping to have some laughter tools for this labor- can you help??
stories? jokes? pictures? movies?
think about it and send me your responses vie email, or post movies on your own blog, etc.
__________________________________________________________________

Okay. God bless. from su

8 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

First: What a fantastic thing for dave to do! Although i hear he was a very crazy little boy, he sure was taught to care, and you will always be thought of, cared for, and appreciated by him. He's cool!
Julia is such a pretty little girl, who can spell!!!!! I love the cowboy party, we will have to get the name of this 'family devotions book' you do sometime. I wonder if there are any cross culture ones like that to teach kids about jesus and god in other cultures and doing other cultural traditions. Just a thought...

As for the baby game:
1. i really do think you will have a little boy (but i really did think i was going to have a little boy as well), but i know that you would love a house of little girls, so i feel bad saying that maybe it would be a boy. Not that you wouldn't love a little boy either... anyway, i won't go down that path!
2. i don't remember what have picked for baby names, but i think it if is a girl it will be named Janie, and if it is a boy it will be named Jayne (have you ever seen firefly??? the man they called Jane!)
3. baby will weigh about the same as julia.. who was 8lbs 9oz??? I think baby will be 8lbs 10oz then!
4. i hate to predict your length of labour for fear that it might be right. So are we talking entire labour and delivery, or just hard labour and delivery, or just labour. what what? Well, i will just guess that HARD labour only (did you really have long early labour last time?) will be about 5 hours, and then a quick 30 minute delivery!

You are approaching your due date, how are you feeling about everything? I hope too that you are able to have the experience of birth coming on by itself so you know the feelings!
i will think about the funny thing

happy growing!
Love janie

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Sue said...

haha. thanks Janie!

1)yes, we will be very happy with a boy or a girl. :) haha. i like the dynamics of a house full of girls -crazy but true- but whatever God has for us will be a huge blessing!
2) a man named Jayne? hmmm....
3) good memory with j's weight! she was 8lbs 10oz. :)
4)i need about an hour for labor time, my midwife lives that far away. haha. :) although, i could definately catch this one on the way out. haha. (i have a friend that delivered her own son)

I am feeling good, besides a cold-stuffy-yucky-cold. I am very excited to meet this baby, and i want to start labor NOW. but i guess i need to be patient! ug.

haha. loves. from su.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Christa said...

1. Just a little disclaimer that I have a record of being wrong almost 100% of the time I guess a baby's gender, including my own 3 children! So that said, whatever I guess for you, you can count on having the other - hahaha!
I really don't know what to guess since I haven't seen you in person during this pregnancy and don't know if your experiences have been much the same or different than when you were pregnant with Julia. So my guess is just that, a guess but I think I will guess boy, since that's what Sarah had was a girl and then a boy. :)
2. So if I think you're going to have a boy, then it must be a girl :) and I think you will name her Georgina, Henrietta, or Fredrica! On the other hand, if it's a boy, you could go with George, henry or Fred :)
3. I know they say that Babies usually get bigger as you have more but mine got gradually smaller so I think this one will weigh a little less than Julia, maybe 8lbs 7 oz.
4. For the length of Labour, I'll predict 5 hours from when it's noticeably hard until delivery.

I have a funny e-mail story that I will have to see if I still have and e-mail it to you.

Take Care,
Christa

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

Congrats to the obvious winner of the human husbandry contest, David Naus!!! You're amazing, and it's a good thing because you married an amazing woman!!
1) Gender: male
2) Name: Something with a J, Julius, Jehosophat, Jericho, Jacob, your pick!
3) Weight: 8lbs, 5 oz
4) Length of labor: Start to end, 6hrs.
Funny: Hmmmmm, you and me doing suicide ballet in the kitchen? Imitating animals?

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Children with out voices said...

She is adorable!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Claire Colvin said...

1. I'm going to a girl because the trend seems to be everyone else picking a boy.

2. Hmm, what goes well with Julia... Emily? Savannah?

3. Something small because that sounds easier. 7 lbs or so

4. No idea how long labour is supposed to be so I'm going with 30 min, because if it hurts it should over quickly.

Looking forward to another Naus in the world :)

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...here we go. This is just a try, please don't laugh if I'm totally wrong.
1.) I guess it will be...hm...a boy...or a girl...hm...maybe a boy!
2.) Hm...something with J, I agree. Jonah? No, might be too close to Julia. I don't know...when it comes to names, different cultures can be so diverse. I mean something really upt to date can be really old fashioned in another country...
3.)7.10 lbs (3.2 kg)
4.) Four hours all in all with everything starting pretty slow but very smooth toward the end.
5.) Something to laugh...let me think. Gummibears again? Or the day the trees started to grow shower heads and shoes...

Hey...I wish you all the best for the delivery. I am thinking of you!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Sue said...

thanks all! i hope i get to respond to this soon with all the correct answers! :)

mel, thanks for the memories! haha.

showerheads in the trees....ah, yes.
love from su.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home