Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The little man

I am no prolific artisan with words, but I will try to do this site some justice.

The story is quite an interesting one so I will inject it here before the pics of our healthy and happy little man.

so she left off the story at waiting to call the midwives.... we then went to bed when we were quite certain that there we were facing real labour and knew that we needed some rest. so we wend down at about midnight and slept for about an hour and a half (I slept, but Sue says she didnt get much). then sue had us back up and timing the contractions as they were getting stronger and at 2 we decided that it was time to get the midwives over. they arrived at about 2:30am and that is the time that they recorded as the start of active labour. so things got quite intense at a rapid pace. at 4 am we agreed to have them rupture the membrane to accelerate things and it certainly did we continued to labour standing as sue found that to be the most bearable position. Then about a half hour later sue was back on the bed and they determined that it was almost time to push (just wait 3 more contractions then we can start that. ) This is where things really started to get intense for me because the midwives were having a hard time finding a baby heart beat because of the position and when they could it was quite faint and slow. I cannot discribe the feeling of wondering if our child would survive as they discretely discribed the need to get this baby out NOW. Only made worse when they saw that he had the cord around his neck) I must say that these women were WONDERFUL they took charge and had sue pushing even between contractions. They needed to give her an epesiotamy sp? to expedite the process and in a very short time they had little Samuel up on mommys chest. I waited anxiously for that first cry, and when it came I became a ball of tears as the three of us lay together and I knew that he was alright. This is when it becomes wonderful to have midwives, because sam was able to lay on mommy until her stitches at which time I got to hold him for a good half hour. then they gave baby and mom a herbal bath(while cleaning out our room and making the bed), gave him his physical and had her feed him. The time after the birth was so nicely done by these ladys, and I highly recommend a home birth to anyone interested. They basically bring a small hospital into the room with them and were able to do in our bedroom exactly what they would have in a hospital. well now mom is resting and baby is sleeping on Oma's chest and that is our night in a compact and sporatically remembered form.

Of course as the writer of this I do get the first picture priviledge. (sorry about the orientation)
























































Julia was supercute when she got the news this morning her response over the phone was "OH, that's so special, I have a BABY." Then when she got home today she came in and sang 'Jesus Loves Me' to him. (that is a sure way to make daddy cry)















Thankyou all so much for your prayers.

In the same way that Hanna's prayers were answered to give her Samuel, your prayers were answered to give us our Samuel.

Daddy

16 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Janie said...

That is so beautiful and wonderful! He is a darling darling cutie! Love his little bit of hair, and content looking face! Susan, great job! We are so happy that you were able to experience the entire event without being induced this time! I think his nose looks the same as julia's!
Praise God that the midwifes and Susan were able to deliver the baby and handle the potentially serious situation. It is truly a blessing that no one was rushed to the hospital for csections or the like. We are so proud of you both!
Sue, you look GREAT for just having gone through an intense delivery. Happy resting and bonding with your new precious little fellow.
Love Janie and Dave

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

Thanks for the story Dave, wow, God totally brought you through some intense moments. Samuel is SO ADORABLE!!! I agree, he has a different look than Julia did, much more manly, but perhaps the same nose (0: I love the close up of his little face in the bath, too sweet with those chubby little cheeks!
I'm so glad it went well with the midwives and the after-birth part was relaxing and helpful, I know Sue was looking forward to that.
I wish all of you a day of rest and recovery, and joy in relishing the new little one. I SO WISH I COULD BE THERE!!!! ARG!!!!!
And Sue, I echo Janie, you do look great and fresh for just having gone through labor.
Love the Lapas

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. Susan you look amazing. Are you sure that you didnt have hair and make up done before the photos? The bathtub picture is beautiful!
~C

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Christa said...

I have to be completely unoriginal and agree that you have a beautiful (handsome) baby boy (though I think he does look like Julia - more masculine of course!) and Susan you look fabulous considering the long day and night of labour. I know the midwives don't call it active labour until they get there but you were working hard long before that!! Of course Julia was excited, she will be a wonderful big sister - so sweet that she was singing to him right away. Thanks for the details and pictures Dave, it helps to make us far away folks feel a little closer to you all!
Love and hugs to all four of you,
Christa

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It has been a while since I stopped by your blog. I have you in my blog role under my torchbearers section. Congratulations on the homebirth. My wife had a homebirth in early January and it was wonderful. I will make sure I give her a link so she can read your birth story. Here is a link to her homebirth story.

And again, Congratulations!

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful story and pictures!!!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Yippee!!!!
Welcome Samuel! It's so nice to see you. We're glad you're with us and so strong and healthy looking. You're a very special guy and you've come to be a part of a very special family.
Sue and Dave, you two are the best! God has blessed you abundantly and your story is a blessing to me.
Julia,
You have a wonderful baby. THat was a great idea to sing songs to him, I'm sure he loves to hear you sing.
Love to you all from us.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger suz said...

Such a cutie!!! Thanks for the pics. Congratulations to you all. The Naus family will never be the same.
Luv,
Suz:)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Wow Dave! great job! Iam so glad that everything is well. It seems like a long time coming, but well worth the wait!
Sue, you look great! I hope you got some rest. Dave, glad to see you have a little boy now tooo! So special! Great pics!

Wow.. I am just so happy for all of you, it sure makes a big differance in everyone's lives to have a wee one!
Our prayers are still with you!

Hugs from our house to yours!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger classiquebabe said...

Congratulations you guys.

I'm so happy for you, babies are such a joy and I know you'll enjoy every minute of it.

He is so beautiful, your birth story and pictures are wonderful and I can't believe how fast your are to post about your amazing experience (Good for you). Lots of love and wishes of a speedy recovery to you Sue and a wonderful new life with your growing family.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger jc said...

Yaaay for little Samuel!! What a blessing, and lots of answers to prayer! So happy for you guys :)
Love,
Jon & Carmen

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow thats incredible. He looks so awesome. I cant wait to see him. I think it´s great that God has blessed you both with another child and julia with a little brother. I can´t wait to see them together.
Sincerely, Adam Naus

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooh i have tears in my eyes! how amazing and wonderful. i am sooo glad that everyone is healthy.
love,
krista

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord, created of heaven and earth... and Samuel! Pictures and words brought tears to my eyes of course. And I agree with the other comment - Susan you looked amazingly healthy, glowing hair, etc. Wow! Hi Julia! You look really happy to be a big sister! Have fun. We love you guys.
Gramma Ruth

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Bonita said...

Praise the Lord for the safe arrival of Samuel! I can't wait to meet him. I will be in Forest till next Monday so will call you before I stop in!
love ya,
Bonita

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger RachGage said...

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you guys and Samuel is beautiful!! Dave, you did a great job telling the story of his coming into the world. So much so, that I could feel the tears starting to well up...I'm so happy for you guys!! I hope Abel and I get a chance to see him soon and of course, the three of you guys,too! Love you much and again...CONGRATULATIONS!!! Love, Rachel and Abel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home