Sunday, March 18, 2007

Update

Okay...arg. So i am updating because i have nothing else to do...but wait, and i am sick of that. haha.

anyway.

Saturday: i walked walked walked briskly for 45 minutes. I started applying castor oil topically (massaging on stomach) as directed by a midwife of days gone by. I began to drink my Raspberry leaf tea. and i had Ann come over and give me a GREAT foot massage-leg massage on the pressure points she is learning about in school. (acupressure)

Sunday: midwife at 10:30 for another stretch. I was still only 2 cm, she stretched me to 3 (yes, very pleasant i assure you.) haha. and gave me a Secret Potion (midwife formula) to take 3 times a day. NO IT IS not castor oil, hahaha, it is a blend of 4 herbs in liquid form. i took it right away, and will soon follow it up with a second dose.

i have been crampy all day (since the stretch) which is normal. I will continue to feel crampy until dinner time, and if it continues longer than that perhaps JUST PERHAPS labor will start tonight. PRAY . haha, i'm getting agitated. i want a baby...no more going to church or shopping and having to tell people that 'i'm still hanging in there' haha.

anyway, thought i should send out the word of what is happening so you can all breath a sigh of relief. hahahaa.

trust me...no word is really...no word. i plan on posting during labor.

so.
love from su.

9 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger DAve and JAnie said...

My 8 days of being overdue were possibly the most frustrating pregnant days i had. I was so worried that i would be really over due and need to be induced. If you are thinking or feeling that way it sure does take over your mind. I hope you find fun things to do today while you continue to relax and wait. You are in good hands and God knows the perfect time for baby to start his/her journey out.
Thinking of you and praying
Love Janie

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Just so you know, Cod Liver Oil does not have the adverse side effects that Castor Oil does. oh also, I have some. i can even drop it by. I feel your pain, really I do.

~Alicia

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Sue said...

:) thanks ladies! :)

i appreciate the sympathy...these waiting days are frustrating. i don't get anxious about the birth...i just WANT IT TO HAPPEN! hahahah.

anyway. i will keep you posted, and alicia, i am on the "midwife formula" right now...so perhaps in a couple days i'll talk to you about the cod liver oil if necessary. :)
thanks again. from su.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Christa said...

A friend of mine took castor oil but mixed with peanut butter which apparently slows down the digestion so as to avoid the "adverse side effects." :) Sounds gross, but it might be worth trying if you get desperate!
Hugs,
Christa

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

I also feel your pain!!!
Oh, Sue, it will all soon be over and you will be holding a precious, beautiful, hungry, noisy, sleepy thing in your arms. Yay for midwives and secret potions without castor oil!!
love from the Lapas

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger poof said...

Wow, can't wait to partake in the blogging birth adventure.

Okay, predictions anyone? I say the baby will arrive this night, 2:37 am. It will be another girl. Red hair. Blue eyes. That is my gut feeling, and I am sticking to it.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hahahaha. anti, was your gut feeling brought on by spicy food?? :) haha

love you all. thanks for the encouragement!

-su

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

come on baby! its time to come out and meet the world!! we really want to see you!!

Hugs from our house to yours

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Baby Naus will be faster than I am with my thesis :-)
Still excited for Baby N. to come and see this beautiful world. It's not even born and already known in good ol' Germany...not bad, eh?
Thinking of you and giving you a virtual hug, Susan! Mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home