Saturday, October 09, 2010

Random Photos: Quote from my Favorite Blog....




"The question I have to ask myself is, "Am I so satisfied with God that it really matters not what this life brings?"

I mean, am I always trying to change my circumstances - instead of allowing my circumstances to change me?

I think I will type that again because I want to get hung up on that.

Do I despise my circumstances (circumstances in relationship, position, situation, etc.) instead of looking to see what it is God intends and desires to do through my circumstances to change my heart and draw me closer to Himself?" _taken_ from_Resolved2worship_

~*wow. i think i need to ask myself this daily. *~ And then she goes on, to resolve the question with some scripture and encouragement when we are feeling down....

"Finding perfect contentment in the midst of my circumstances - that is what God is after. That is the test of my faith. That divides the fake from the real. Again, He is about us falling in love with Him. So often we don't "feel" loved by God because we feel our circumstances are difficult. We see love as only we want to see it.

But:
"...For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord.

Isaiah 55:8 (ESV)" _taken_from_Resolved2worship_


Okay, back to susan typing.... SO, i have to admit. Sometimes when i hear this sort of exhortation i think to myself (wrongly) " sure, that is easy for YOU to say, let's see you say that if your life all of a sudden became difficult " . And i wrongly think this, not because MY life IS difficult ( because it is not), but just because i think it means more to hear a tried and true experience speak out of GOd's faithfulness in trials and pain. Like Job, wow. Again, it is wrong of me to think those things, but i say all that to point out that the author of the quote is a mother of seven children and i KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt she has HARD difficult stressful days. So, it amazes me that she comes so BEAUTIFULLY around to asking herself these tough and necessary questions... it challenges me. i like that.

think on it.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger poof said...

I love your random photos and the quotes from your favorite blog. I was just encouraging a friend this morning with much the same thoughts, so this is like a confirmation as I wasn't sure if should say it or not. You know, how sometimes God puts something on your heart to say but you don't want the person to think you are being a know it all or trying to tell them how to deal with life?

Anyways, that was nice. Thanks. :)

ant

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger The dB family said...

That quote is very thought provoking. Thank you for passing it on. It is hard to find perfect contentment when we're constantly bombarded with stuff. Some days, I think I would like to build myself a cabin in the middle of nowhere with no connections to the outside world, but *sigh* that's not going to happen. Finding perfect contentment is definitely something I need to seek for myself daily too.

Thank you for sharing this!

Blessings, my friend!
Deborah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home