Friday, May 27, 2011

more camping stories




Frog Hunting.






I led the expedition, after all, it was I who found the first Toad. By the rights of First-Toader, I excitedly took the Toad into camp to show the children and a new adventure was birthed. We hunted frogs for at least an hour, everyone, even the little girls followed us around. Memories of my childhood flashed back to me. Days at my cousins farm, squashing in the mud of the country ditch, trying to find frogs, or slime, or floating our Nutshell boats. *delightful mud*




The Drive Home.

There is a wonderful little Bakery about half way home from Selkirk, we have made it our tradition to stop there for a treat as we pass by.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Looks like so much fun, Sue! :). Wow, your kids must be so much bigger than mine...Kallie has been a few pounds shy of growing out of her booster for sooo long, and It looks
Iike Jackson will need his for another year at least!!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger derek salmon said...

Hi Sue,
I dont mean to be rude, and please feel free to delete this comment after you read it:

I dont know that the law would be different where you are, but here, children need to remain in a 5 point harness until they are 4 years old AND 40lbs. A child under 4 is usually not mature enough to keep their belt in the right spot to ensure they dont get neck or stomach damage in case of an accident.

I'm not trying to be condescending I just would hate to hear of something happening to Mercy and know that I didnt speak (write) up.

anyway, take care!
amanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home