Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thankfulness. Flows from God's Grace.

I have been doing a lot of reading and pondering at Ann Voskamps blog these days. I find her passion contagious, inspiring, humbling. www.aholyexperience.com is her blog. read it. be changed in the deep places of your heart. Here are photos from a family walk to enjoyed last week. It was pleasant, and feels like it was an age ago. This week has been long, good, emotional, and sunny!! Our fall weather has been like NO OTHER, incredible! sunny, chill, clear, full of color in the leaves and grasslands. God's paintbrush has worked wonders all around us, and it brings a thrill to my heart. Just breathing in the cold air fills my mind and heart with thankfulness to my Savior. As my lungs feel chilled, refreshed, renewed; I can feel my heart being refreshed, made new in the quiet moment that I allow my thoughts to drift to God and nothing else. Focusing on the Eternal purpose of each moment that God gives me. Each moment is a gift and i squander them so often. But I focus on Him, not my failure, but His grace. Forgiveness. Newness of life. And i tell Him in my moment of quiet, breathing in that cold air - I tell Him it is Him I rely on for everything and I want Him to use my broken life to bring Him glory.
Waiting and watching the Remembrance Day program at TCA. :) The kids always do such a beautiful job of honoring those who fought for our freedom. It truly was a God honoring day of thankfulness. The grade 7-8 class sang the Battle Hymn, and two of the parents from school sang "Give thanks with a grateful heart"- two pieces that spoke of the source of our freedom: God.
Hey, that was more words than I 've written in a long time. :) have a great weekend!

7 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann Voskamp's blog and book are amazing. We are studying Choosing Gratitude at Coffee Break in my group; we use her book as inspiration! You should come! There are over 55 women who come now, from all different walks of life. I love it, especially the fact that there are so many ages of women and so much to learn from everyone.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Sue said...

wow!!! 55 women?? that is INCREDIBLE! where do you meet?

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thursdays 9:30 - 11 am. There is free childcare and a Little Lambs/Story Hour for older kids up to SK. Lots of churches represented, and some who don't attend any church. We divitde into four different study groups, all studying different things. It's at Redeemer CRC on Blackwell Sd. Rd. I think you would love it! I do! Bring a friend!

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops--sorry about the mistakes. I was getting too excited.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Sue said...

That is the exact time that i have a bible study already... darn. :(

maybe one day i'll be able to come. :) and i would definitely bring a friend!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Sarafina said...

love this post especially that amazing first picture! it's a beaut!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Sue said...

thanks Sista. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home