Thursday, April 21, 2011

Generous Parents.



My mother could have many different titles in regard to the work she does; cook, nanny, organizational assistant, elementary teacher, work coordinator, and now a new and highly esteemed position: TRAVEL PLANNER. Not only did she conceive a beautiful family reunion plan, put it into action, and pay for most of it, but she labored over fine details to make everyone as comfortable as possible.

When Dave and i arrived in our luxurious condo, it was pre-stocked with groceries, shampoo for the kids, and for us, toothpaste, sunscreen... the works!! I was so impressed by her pre-thought treats for all of us. After a 17 hour travel day, it was so refreshing to arrive to an extravagant dwelling. :)

Our kids swam daily, mercy and julia are the fish in our family. Mercy can swim her way across the pool with her water wings on. All she seemed to ask for was, "Can i float like a ducky?" or "kiddie pool?"

My poor sister and her family were terribly ill the entire trip, and i found it difficult to enjoy myself, knowing that they were NOT . It was a moral dilemma to me, how can i go on making my family plans and enjoying the freedom of vacation when they are stuck in their condo feeling nasty? But then, how can i take vacation away from my family, when we are all feeling fine ? So... i prayed a lot...every time i woke in the night, during the day, begging for my sister's family to receive some relief from their symptoms. She sums it up nicely in her very eloquent blog, which in on my link list under "life of a sister".






Highlights:

Jogging in the morning with my daddio, in the dessert sunshine.

Peaceful mornings with my Dave, and my coffee. :)

Joshua tree park ( the answer to the question on my very first blog about our trip....)

Seeing my mom and daddio connect with my kids. (something that is very hard to do over the phone with kids their age)

Drinking Date Shakes with my sis and mama.

Seeing how Mercy and Mekaia share a mischievous streak, they seem to enjoy their cousinly bond.

Having a double date with my sister and her hubby. Table tennis, playing doubles, was so so so so much fun!

Lecina and Julia enjoying each others company SO MUCH that Julia was prepared to sit out of the pool daily - if necessary - just to be with her sick cousin. I am amazed at their bond, seeing that they are together one week out of every year. :)







These writings are random and unrefined. But real life is waiting for me... so farewell bloggerland!!

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger The dB family said...

Looks like it was a fantastic week!! So sorry to read that your sister's family was so under the weather for most of it. I totally get your dilemma. I hope they were able to enjoy some of the time they were there.

Blessings!
Deborah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home