Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Let's Go Fly a Kite!




"Let's Go Fly A Kite"

The theme of this year's party for Julia.

We had SO SO SO MUCH FUN ( in the chaos ) making kites together, flying them ( even though the wind died down too much ) playing together, laughing, treasure-hunting, pizza eating, Ice cream sundae making!!!! I FELT LIKE IT WAS MY PARTY, that is what one of my "helpers" said anyway. :) hahaha. I had Julia's babysitter and the big sister of one of Julia's friends stay to help me with the little kidlets. Julia adores these older girls, so it was pretty fun to have them with us. It also made the party run super smoothly at dinner, always the craziest time of a party because there are 7 little people asking for juice, pizza and napkins, or something....So i put the girls in charge and it was great!! :) Then they did all the dishes for me. That was the best 10$ i've spent!! (i bought them each a gift card for a local coffee shop as a thank you gift) Dave was coaching floor hockey, and then off to volleyball, so it was really handy to have the girls helping me.

I spent all day making homemade pizza's and setting up an AWESOME treasure hunt... i was so excited about it this year. I make the clues much more challenging so it would take teamwork, and more time to complete it. :) One was a puzzle, each girl received an envelope with one of the pieces in it, and then they had to put it together to read the clue. One clue was taped to three different teddy bears that were hidden in the living room. Once they found all three teddy's they had to figure out which order to put the partial words together to make the clue. I decided to put some of the candy along the way, so at different clues they would get little baggies of treats to encourage them toward the final goal. :)

*Ah* It was excellent watching the kids have so much delight in running across the field with their kites, even if they didn't really fly much since the wind had died down. Seeing them get so excited about the prospect of making their own Ice Cream Sundae was satisfying as well. :) I feel so blessed to have such a lovely group of girls to attend all of grade school alongside Julia.

Happy Early early early birthday to my Near-Seven-year-old!! :)









6 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger The dB family said...

Wowzers, you've been keeping busy! Love seeing all the crafts and fun things you've been doing. The kids and I have made the exact same crayon molds. They're a lot of fun!

Were you in the Salvation Army store last week? I was pretty sure it was you, but I didn't say anything. Too chicken in case it wasn't :oS.

Blessings!
Deborah

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hey yeah, it was! :) hahaha.

I was buying tea cups for my kids (25 cents a piece) for tea parties! :) heehee.

hope i recognize you next time!! :) haha.
from Susan

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I recognize some of those people?! Looks like fun!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Sue said...

yes, I suppose you would. :) I think they go to church with you? or are you family... yes, that is it right? you are related? :)

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear cousins! All four of our kids are the exact same age as four of theirs. Did you hear the weather forecast for Sunday?! You'll be flying kites for sure!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Sue said...

How wonderful to have cousins near by and close in age!
Flying kites, hmm... nope, i'll be swimming!! we leave for a vacation tomorrow!! :)wahoo!

perhaps i should pack out kite, i hear it is windy in the desert!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home