Friday, April 01, 2011

Sammy's Fourth.



Dave has kept an eye on second hand instrument sales, and after much waiting we have found two new items for our Music Room . (which does not exist yet, but perhaps one day it will! hahaha) A clarinet and a half size violin!! (PURPLE violin, by the way!!) A family friend teaches, and since she has returned from the mission field recently, she is looking for new students! How perfect! God truly organizes the little details of life in such an interesting way!! :)







A family party to celebrate Sammy's fourth year: he received some gifts, one pictured here is a homemade candy eating robot for his candy collection ( because this is my child that will actually collect the jelly beans he receives for chores, and keep them in his room in a wooden shoe ). :) Oma made him a beautiful Ten wheeled Robot apple pie, because he wanted a 10 wheeled robot bike for his birthday, but... go figure, they couldn't find one! :) So the apple pie he asked for took on those characteristics instead. HOW SWEET!! :)



Hmm. It's hard to believe it has been FOUR years since sammy made his appearance in this Big World. IT was a peaceful evening, i remember it well. I work around 1 am with some contractions, called the midwives and they arrived at 2:15am....They sat in the kitchen working on paper work and checking in on us occasionally as Dave and I worked together through contractions. Sitting on the couch, then my bed as they became more intense. I recall lovely Jazz music, and the midwives saying how every birth should have such nice accompaniment. At 5 am Sammy came out - quietly, which terrified Dave. He finally made some noise, but all of those moments are so foggy to me.

My memory comes clearer as I recall the pleasant herbal bath prepared for me by the midwives, the candles, the breakfast they brought for me.... what a peaceful lovely way to start life. hmmm. I like those memories. ((I just went back to march 20, 2007 and read Dave's account of the birth story, my memory is foggy, so if you like reading birth stories... go check it out ! ) :)

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Lisa @ Just the 6 of us said...

Happy Birthday Sam!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home