Thursday, July 01, 2010

Canada Day: to be followed by: Canada Night.

I made this dress for Julia at this age. :) i am so glad to use it again. I love the bright red patterned maple leaves i cut and sewed onto the back and the bottom of the crisp white material. the hat was made to match. I may have no festive clothing for such a day as this, but my kids do. :) i live vicariously through them on Canada's bday.



These riders were from the Trick Riding and Trick Roping "club". Julia is determined to be a trick rider and roper now. :)



The "bumble bee" (as sam says), our mascot for the local hockey team.



Meeting up with good friends. :)



Mercy almost fell asleep on me as we reclined on the grass, watching all the parade pass by.



Ontario's "oldest" ambulance. :) haha. You know, the parade was better this year. Last year i really thought it was dying, but this year felt better. why... hmm.. 1) more candy 2) more interactive community people 3) less of a "car parade" advertising to us.



Ummm... two on my lap. i'm in the picture, you just can't see me past all those curly-haired kids. :) haha.



This was the "annual kid shot" but of course, i didn't fight to make it look perfect. not on a day of parenting alone. i know my limited strength better than to do that. over time i've learned to pick my battles when i have to run the show alone from 7am-7 pm!! :)



Dave surprised us, and came to visit us at the parade for a short little lunch break from work. :) yippee!! we love daddy time!!



My boys fell asleep on our lovely porch swing a couple of days ago. :) don't they look peaceful?

1 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger The dB family said...

Happy Canada Day! I just uploaded to the blog too! I guess we'll both have a trick rider on our hands one day :o).

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Blessings!
Deborah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home