Friday, March 11, 2011

FUN!!!



They say, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade". I say, "if God sends more snow, make an igloo!"

We would have gladly made igloos, snowmen, snow horses, and the like all winter long ( and trust me, winter has been VERY VERY VERY LONG), but today was the first time in 5 months that it is warm enough to have good packing snow. Wild, but true. So, we piled outside and began snow blocking!! These are the best toys ever made! What a great Christmas gift they turned out to be. It only took us a full year and a bit to be able to use them! (Last year we did not have good packing snow either: too cold this year, not enough snow last year)




I shouldn't have combined cooking and cleaning day into one, but I don't listen to my reasonable side some days. Cooking day was long today: new recipes and a somewhat dull mind today made it so. And then, to top it off, the cleanliness of my house ( read: "lack of") finally got to me and I ended up on all fours scrubbing cupboards and kitchen floors. I tried to tell myself that "Spring Cleaning" might just convince the warmer season to come sooner that it seems to be presently, but i don't think it helped. Although, i suppose Spring IS three hours closer after all that work was completed!!!



yumYUMyum. Stir fries, sloppy joes, a roast, a pot of soup, pizza toppings, yum.




dance party!! (i know, i know, those pictures didn't really need a caption)

7 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I just love the igloo, and the cubes! Corrina and I were out digging in our snow because we had a warmer day that make the snow playable too. What fun is snow if ya can't make it into something.
I left her sand toys out this year so we use the buckets and molds to make castles and play archeologist. Archeologist is actually very challenging because Corrina burries things very deep for me to find (hopefully!).

Love the dance party :) Look at all those curls!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Dave said...

well, these comments are from Janie, but you probably gathered that!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Sue said...

hahahahaha.

So funny! I was hearing the comments in Dave's voice.... and then it made more sense when i was transferring them to YOUR voice janie!! :)

So glad you were out to play too! Have a great day, i've been thinking of you a lot lately!

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wrote the lemons to lemonade quote on another person's blog from our area! I couldn't believe the snow when we woke up. You did good! It has been kind of sad that the snow this winter hasn't been that great, eh? And yesterday I didn't really have time to go out to play with the kids, even though it was the first day of break for them. :(

Here's hoping for some sunny days and spring like weather to arrive soon!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger The dB family said...

What a great idea! We did nothing. I've been sick all week and am still lacking in the energy dept.

Love the advance cooking. I have to do some of that soon too!

Happy dancing :o)!

Blessings!
Deborah

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Amazing! You all did a great job on the igloo! and all the meal preparations.Awesome. Looks like you kids had fun dressing up for your dancing. Can't wait to see you all soon! hugs to you all

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Sonja, Db Family, Mom and Dad:

thanks for your comments. it looks like spring is coming a little closer.. our cat is going wild today listening to all the bird songs outside! :)

have a great day! Get Well Deb!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home